Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
David Lehman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 May 2014 09:50 AM
    I sent a letter in about classing the 2014 Z/28 in ESP.

Since the boss Laguna Seca is in ESP---I think it would make sense that the 14 Z/28 is.
    Anyway I just want to use the stock tires on the car, which are illegal in street but not as good as Hoosiers.

Can I run my V8 Camaro in ESP because it's not otherwise classed ?

Car is classed now in A street as per an earlier fast track.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    25 May 2014 10:22 AM

You're in the SSP NOC since the ESP NOC only covers sedans, but ESP definitely sounds like the more appropriate place, and your region could tentatively put it there if they want.  If this came up in my local region, I think the best spot would be in ASR along with the ZL1 and Boss 302 this year, especially considering the AS classing.

I'm amazed any car would come stock from GM with 60TW tires.  Running on OEM tires won't be a problem for very long, will it?

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 May 2014 11:00 AM
    Someone on another forum posted a rule
    13.3 c) that my car regionally and therefore locally would be legal with any tire that came from the factory on my car OEM.

And since my car a 2014 Z/28 was put into A street in a fast track a few months ago, then locally but not nationally it would be legal for AS competition....... Unless my local club outlawed that....I guess
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    25 May 2014 11:37 AM
    Yeah, I saw that post, too; forgot about the oem r-comp loophole. I've never liked that loophole, honestly; might be fine for novices, but you're likely to crush pax with those tires. ASR would still be better, imho.
    David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 May 2014 11:49 AM

Posted By <a href='http://www.sccaforums.com/user-profile/userid/30398' class='af-profile-link'>sjfehr</a> on 25 May 2014 11:37 AM
    Yeah, I saw that post, too; forgot about the oem r-comp loophole. I've never liked that loophole, honestly; might be fine for novices, but you're likely to crush pax with those tires. ASR would still be better, imho.

I didn't consider that.
    ASR would probably be the best class for now.

Thanks

PS pax is probably better for Asr slightly than esp
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner