Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Silver Bullet
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 May 2014 11:26 AM

I can't find any decent shocks for my 07 Altima 3.5SE.  Anyone have any links to help in my search??

Mods so far:

-Racingline rear swaybar and endlinks

-225/50/16 BFG Rival tires (I'm assuming getting the car lower to the ground with 16" rims is a good idea)

-Max rear toe out at the rear

I only have one event with the new rear bar but the car seems to more neutral and it has less front wheel spin now coming out of corners.  I used to race a modified WRX in SM so this car feels like mush compared to that but its better than I thought it would be.  I'm not interested in going beyond a stock class these days.  I would like to maximize the potential of this car though.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thx,

Tony

drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 May 2014 12:59 PM
    I found the Sachs advantage shocks/struts on rockauto for your car - they're probably a little better than the OE ones.

Otherwise it looks like if you want something more aggressive you'll either have to get it custom built or go with the Ksport or Tein coilovers which you could run in STX I believe.
    Silver Bullet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    31 May 2014 04:24 AM
    Thanks for the info. What is involved with a "custom built" shock? Is that still GS legal? I definitely want to stay in GS. Any links relevant to my car that might help?

Any other setup advice?

Thanks again
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    31 May 2014 07:57 PM
    A custom built shock involves taking measurements of your stock shocks/struts, then finding a suitable aftermarket unit with similar dimensions, then modifying that unit to fit in your car. It's often, but not always doable, but requires quite a bit of experience and fabrication skills. Yes, it is GS legal as long as all that you modify is the shock/strut and not anything on the car or the rest of the suspension.

I'm not familiar with your car, but if you can get any more negative front camber without using camber plates, do that.

The tires you have now are in a pretty good place, but in the future you may want to experiment with going wider. I think it would be doable. If your Altima was offered with wider wheels, even if they were 17's only, the new rules allow you to use that width with 16's. I imagine you can fit at least 245's up front on your car.
    Silver Bullet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Jun 2014 12:46 AM
    Thanks for the info
    Bejay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Jun 2014 07:14 PM
    Check what Koni offers through TrueChoice or similar. My 4th gen Maxima was limited to Tien and KYB at first. Koni offered their 86xx series as an insert that worked inside the OEM housing after you cut the top off. I bought a 2nd set of all 4 OEM struts at the time and swapped them out each spring and fall. I did some searching and came up with little for the 09+ Maxima or anything off the shelf that fits the D platform.
    Silver Bullet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Jun 2014 07:32 PM
    Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner