DS Audi TT what to look for?
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tom.capelo@humanoid.net

--
29 May 2014 03:22 AM

I saw that the 2008 Audi TT did well in 2013 in DS. Is there something special about the 2008, or was that just a statistics of small numbers kind of thing? Anything special I should look for in one to buy? I gather the 3.2 V6 is the motor to have. Many thanks for the advice.

A little bit about me: I have done years of autocrossing with a 4th gen Camaro in FS, and a PT Cruiser GT Turbo in GS. We want a TT as a daily driver, AWD would be nice for snow, and it would be fun to have a shot at 1st in DS locally (or at least to remove the car as the excuse for losing!).

CSP21
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    29 May 2014 10:22 AM

08-09 3.2 is what you want as they discontinued the 3.2 after that. They made more 08s than 09s.

I have one for sale but I'm very close to trading it in. Mine belonged to Craig Wilcox and is the same car that Ron Williams won nats in last year in RTA. I've put it part way back to stock so if you are serious, let me know soon.
    Joseph Carozzoni

--
    02 Jun 2014 08:50 PM
    In another thread, someone mentioned only the 2008-2010 could turn off traction control - the newer ones can't.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner