Wilmington champ tour
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lycanthrope

--
11 Jun 2014 06:08 PM

registration is open here http://www.motorsportreg.com/index....5jSpxZ0ZFw just figured this may need its own thread for discussion….

Catch-22

--
    13 Jun 2014 08:25 AM
    It's full. 350 entries. If we didn't cap it we'd probably go over 400.

Hopefully the fine folks up in Wilmington are watching this. The Pro sold out in less than 5 minutes (250 entries) and the Tour had over 300 registered on the first day. I think both are records.
    btschafer

--
    13 Jun 2014 10:01 AM
    Posted By Catch-22 on 13 Jun 2014 08:25 AM
    It's full. 350 entries. If we didn't cap it we'd probably go over 400.

Hopefully the fine folks up in Wilmington are watching this. The Pro sold out in less than 5 minutes (250 entries) and the Tour had over 300 registered on the first day. I think both are records.
    It sure would be nice if we didn't have so much setup/teardown work and we could host regional/divisional events on the pad.  Two day, multi-region, multi-course, hotel and restaurant filling events would be very nice for all concerned.

Catch-22

--
    16 Jun 2014 08:00 AM
    Toledo had 200 entries for a plain old regional yesterday. Many of those folks were from out of town and in hotels.

I wish there was a good way to help the Wilmington airport folks understand that all of the fence and caution tape stuff is unneccessary and is leaving lots of potential benefits on the table for everyone involved.
    Toledo Express is pretty much exactly the same situation as Wilmington. The sole difference is the lack of catch fence, and in over a decade of multiple events per year there has never been an issue.
    trippinbillies40

--
    16 Jun 2014 09:36 AM
    Unfortunately it's the FAA, not the airport requiring the catch fence. Basically the wizard behind the screen you're never going to be able to talk to.
    slalomer

--
    16 Jun 2014 01:32 PM
    I just registered to be on the wait list for the Tour. Motorsport.reg should have a waitlist menu on the event dashboard too, so we can see how many peeps are on there!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner