Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Jul 2014 05:59 PM

Attached are PDFs of the PAX/RTP Index Results from the Peru Match Tour.  The "Class Pos/" column indicates the Class Position for the results you're looking at.  The Sunday & Final Results are based on the best of the first two runs on Sunday.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

Attachments
    boss002

--
    09 Jul 2014 12:47 AM
    Thank you
    gary p
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Jul 2014 11:31 AM
    Ouch, on Saturday the best "Street" category car, exclusive of the R-comp shod SSRs, was 40th, bracketed on either side by the 6th fastest ESP car and the 6th fastest SM car. ST was fairly lightly represented in the top quartile of the pax as well. This particular surface must really favor race compounds.
    Catch-22

--
    09 Jul 2014 03:54 PM
    Or there was an absolute boatload of talent driving well prepped cars on race tires. And speaking of talent and well prepped cars, Jason Frank seemed to do fine on HIS street tires. Just sayin'.

Nah. Couldn't be that. Gotta be the surface. Or the index isn't fair. Or both.
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Jul 2014 04:43 PM
    Posted By Catch-22 on 09 Jul 2014 03:54 PM
    Or there was an absolute boatload of talent driving well prepped cars on race tires. And speaking of talent and well prepped cars, Jason Frank seemed to do fine on HIS street tires. Just sayin'.

I have driven both on this site many times. Peru is not favorable for street tires. It seems to especially like the slicks.

As just my second time in BM at this event, I was running raw times to put me 40th of 176 - well better than I have ever done on street tires. I'd love to think I am a mod car savant, but the reality is I drove "OK".

jeffh
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Jul 2014 04:58 PM

Posted By Catch-22 on 09 Jul 2014 03:54 PM 

Maybe your perception is skewed..? Jason would've had to drop 1.5 seconds to match top PAX. 

gary p
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Jul 2014 05:09 PM
    Posted By Catch-22 on 09 Jul 2014 03:54 PM

Nah. Couldn't be that [talent]. Gotta be the surface. Or the index isn't fair. Or both.

Or maybe a little of all three?  You gotta admit, it's a little curious when the most subscribed category barely cracks the top 25% on index. 

Catch-22

--
    10 Jul 2014 03:51 PM
    Well, looking at Saturday (and Match Tour indexes get a little goofy beyond Saturday) the ONLY person within 1 second of the top car that wasn't driving that car is a national champion (Lavender). That's also multi time national champ Sam Strano, on race rubber, over a second back, so I don't think using "Jason was 1.5 seconds back" as the basis for your argument is the best tactic. Oh, and what... about a quarter of the people in front of Jason Frank are national champions. Something like that?

It may be a combination of things, but before you go waving your arms and yelling "SHENANIGANS" its always a good idea to look a little closer at the actual entrants. There were some really really fast people at this event, and as is typical in the midwest a whole bunch of them were in mod and prepared cars.
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Jul 2014 10:29 AM
    No claims of shenanigans or disparaging of those that indexed well was intended (they drove well AND were on the right tires). It is simply a characterization of the Peru surface. It loves slicks, likes R comps, and treats Street tires OK. I've seen it in my 370 runs on this surface in various cars (268 street, 72 Rcomp, 30 Slicks). The few Slick runs I have had have been my best indexing runs - even with just OK skills in cars/classes I was not familiar with.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Jul 2014 01:01 PM
    Posted By The Nebulizer on 11 Jul 2014 10:29 AM
    No claims of shenanigans or disparaging of those that indexed well was intended (they drove well AND were on the right tires). It is simply a characterization of the Peru surface. It loves slicks, likes R comps, and treats Street tires OK. I've seen it in my 370 runs on this surface in various cars (268 street, 72 Rcomp, 30 Slicks). The few Slick runs I have had have been my best indexing runs - even with just OK skills in cars/classes I was not familiar with.

x1million on the surface.   The old Hoosier bias slick on my car was absolutely terrible on most other surfaces, but almost decent at Peru.     The new radials which are very good everywhere are exceptional at Peru.

DaveW

AceInHole
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Jul 2014 02:07 PM
    It's a Match Tour... there's no guarantee that everyone was going "all out" on Saturday. On Sunday people picked up huge chunks of time, knocking out Tom and Grant first round. Looking at Saturday is basically just an exercise in guessing who put the most effort in to winning their class.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    conevadr
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Jul 2014 04:40 PM
    Posted By gary p on 09 Jul 2014 11:31 AM
    Ouch, on Saturday the best "Street" category car, exclusive of the R-comp shod SSRs, was 40th, bracketed on either side by the 6th fastest ESP car and the 6th fastest SM car. ST was fairly lightly represented in the top quartile of the pax as well. This particular surface must really favor race compounds.

In general, the Street category competitors are not reaching the upper pax ranks.  I've been keeping track of how well the various categories are doing reaching upper pax ranks in the Champ Tours.  Here's the results thru seven Champ Tours in 2014.

2014 after Packwood
    cat %tot %25 %50
    ST.....30.....7....23
    S.......23.....4......8
    SR.......5...18....34
    SP.....13....21...33
    SM....10....18...26
    P.......10....10....20
    M........6....11....16

%tot is the category percentage of total entrants

%25 is the percentage of entrants in that category reaching the top25

%50 is the percentage of entrants in that category reaching the top50

George M

JohnLawson

--
    12 Jul 2014 06:24 PM
    Without knowing how the street rules set and how the classing would work out, Rick increased the street tire index from .975 to .991. I have not seen many 0.016 increases in PAX before, so it was sure to be noticed in results. When the Match Tours are able to run only Street classes in a heat together, the abnormally high increase should not matter.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner