Helmet loan?
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dscottdennison@gmail.com

--
07 Jul 2014 07:00 PM

Hey, guys. Never posted here, but I've been coming out to SOLOs for a little while now.

Can someone tell me if the SOLO loaner helmets are SA rated? This is probably a lot to ask, but if they are, would it be possible for me to borrow a couple of them at the end of October for a weekend HPDE? I hate to be that guy, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Mine are M rated, which will get me through the auto-x events, so I'm not really to the point of needing to buy auto racing dedicated helmets...

lycanthrope

--
    07 Jul 2014 09:26 PM
    Honestly I'm not sure if our helmets are sa rated or not. Find me or Shari at the next event and we will work something out.
    dscottdennison@gmail.com

--
    10 Jul 2014 05:38 PM

Sounds great. Thanks!

dscottdennison@gmail.com

--
    18 Jul 2014 03:08 PM

So, I looked at the loaner helmets at PE#5, and they are M rated as well. Looks like I will be waiting until October of next year to buy an SA2015, and I'll have to figure something out for my track day. This is probably the worst possible time to need a new helmet...

Thanks anyway.

flatlander937

--
    27 Jul 2014 10:43 PM

When you're looking for a helmet, check out www.usracegear.com or check them out in person, they're located in Cincinnati. I got my helmet from there, the owner is super helpful and let me nasty up all the helmets they had in inventory to find one that fit right. I walked out spending $200 more than I wanted, but I got a helmet that fits nice, the one i was originally set on was real uncomfortable in every size, it just didn't fit my head right.

I know it's a bad time to buy a helmet, but perhaps you could buy one and sell it immediately after the event?

What weekend/day(s) is the event?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner