2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dcifound

--
13 Jul 2014 10:45 PM

Hello all,

I am new to all of this and I have no clue what I am getting myself into. A few weeks ago, my friend took me to an autox event in Bremerton Speedway in WA. He is driving an AE86, but I drive an Integra. I rode in his car and another guys car(89 civic hatch). After riding in the civic, I had a grin from ear to ear and now im hooked.

I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone cus everyone was busy and I had to run. Bad combo on figuring out where I stand as a rookie trying to get an idea what I can and cannot do. I tried searching online, but kept getting stuck on what class my car is considered. Please help....

cars profile: 98 integra coupe, on coilovers with headers and that's it. Everything else is stock

Get me going in the right path

rosejm
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Jul 2014 12:35 PM

The suspension will bump you to Street Touring unless it's using the original perches, and the Integra (non-R) is classed in Street Touring Compact (STC).

The header might be OK there, if it retains the O2 sensor and a catalytic converter attached within 6" of where the OEM did.

Regionally, you should be fine in STC even w/o the cat. Just be clear about it with your competitors and jump to Street Prepared if you're killing them.

Forgot to provide a link to the rule book that will let you click through (use the bookmarks on the left side):SCCA Solo Rules and Car Classification

dcifound

--
    15 Jul 2014 11:52 PM

It does have a cat, but not sure if its within specs of the original cat. I forgot to mention that it does have a SRI. But that's basically it, and I do plan on running in the STC. Whats street prepared? I will read up on the link provided

Thanks.

Edit: it is a non R type integra

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner