T4 Rules Question
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
golfitup

--
15 Jul 2014 10:13 AM

Looking for some quick clarification on T4 rules before potentially building a T4 Ford Focus SVT. 

"Any non-adjustable shock absorber is allowed . .. threaded shock bodies or adjusters may be used" - To me that means non-adjustable shock coil overs allowed, correct?

From my specific cars Notes: "OEM optional limited slip differential permitted". From T2-T4 Rules 4.b.2. "all legitimately classified cars in Touring Class are permitted a limited-slip differential. Locked differentials are not allowed". My car came with an open diff and no trim level came with a LSD as a factory option. Does the Note supersede the T2-T4 Rules in all listings even though it says all cars can have an LSD?

I am guessing if it doesn't say it, you have to use OEM factory style components. So, OEM bushings (except shock), shifter, motor mounts??? All those have to be stock?

It says you can run up to 2.5 degrees of camber front and back but says nothing about camber plates?

As far as transmission goes, it doesn't say anything about the clutch? So an OEM style clutch not a performance clutch must be used?

That's it for now. Thanks. -D

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Jul 2014 12:53 PM

Would be helpful to know which car you are looking at, Different cars in T4 get different allowances. T4 as a whole isnt subject to all the T rules.

As far as shocks go, threaded bodies yes, valving adustable no. You can run any valving you want in the shock.

Stock bushings is correct.

golfitup

--
    15 Jul 2014 02:19 PM
    Posted By dhrmx5 on 15 Jul 2014 12:53 PM

Would be helpful to know which car you are looking at, Different cars in T4 get different allowances. T4 as a whole isnt subject to all the T rules.

As far as shocks go, threaded bodies yes, valving adustable no. You can run any valving you want in the shock.

Stock bushings is correct.

Ford Focus SVT

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Jul 2014 03:47 PM
    Your car comes up to T4 from the SSC ranks and as such is allowed more things. If you look at the T4 06 mustang specs, you will see how it is limited to certain items. Your OEM differential allowance is permitted, not required. You can fall back on the general T rules that allows all cars in T to have a LSD of their choosing.
    golfitup

--
    15 Jul 2014 04:01 PM

Ok, I'm pretty sure I was thinking along those lines.

So as far as shifter and motor mounts go those need to be stock? What about camber? What are the suggested ways to reach 2.5 degrees? With coilovers there will be top hats can they have camber adjustment?

golfitup

--
    17 Jul 2014 09:12 AM
    Anyone? lol
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner