11 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DGRacing

--
19 Aug 2014 02:17 PM

Hi,

I have a heavily modified street Boss 302 that is close to a World Challenge spec or GT3 type thing. I have nearly everything the PWC cars have (including the Pzero slicks), but will be running 50-80 more HP with some N/A engine modifications (intake, cams, exhaust).

I looked over the SCCA classes but have no idea where this car should fit?

I'm new to SCCA. Help appreciated.

Darren

Attachments
    Panzer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Aug 2014 08:54 PM
    The bad news is that there really isn't a likely good place for you to play and be competitive nationally.

The good news is that your car looks awesome, and you'll have a lot of fun.

Judging by the zoomed in photo, you lack an interior. If you have the interior to put back in, you can probably go into Street Modified, but i'm not sure if your aero package is legal. If Street Modified doesn't work, you can go play in XP.

Either way, you'll have a really good time, and it'll be a great way to shake the car down for track events. If you get bit by the autocross bug, you seem like the kind of guy who likes to have a specialized tool for a special job - you get to buy another car that will be more competitive in class.
    DGRacing

--
    20 Aug 2014 08:13 AM
    So there's no regional class for a PWC spec car? Or an unrestricted sports car class? That's a shock.
    rodhx

--
    20 Aug 2014 10:31 AM
    Posted By DGRacing on 20 Aug 2014 08:13 AM
    So there's no regional class for a PWC spec car? Or an unrestricted sports car class? That's a shock.
    Looks like Panzer replied with autocross classifications but I suspect you're asking about club racing. Correct?

DGRacing

--
    20 Aug 2014 11:20 AM
    Yes. Club racing. I thought this was a club racing sub board (touring and super touring). So if I mis-posted, my regrets.
    rodhx

--
    20 Aug 2014 02:37 PM
    Posted By DGRacing on 20 Aug 2014 11:20 AM
    Yes. Club racing. I thought this was a club racing sub board (touring and super touring). So if I mis-posted, my regrets.
    It is..you're in the right place. It's easy to miss the specific sub-forum if you just look at the "Not Read" posts. Or at least it is for me

Cheyne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Aug 2014 10:08 PM
    Your car would be pretty close to the new T1. I would check the rules and compare to what you have done. No slicks allowed in T1 though. There are several PWC GTS Boss Mustangs running in T1 that I know of.

Cheyne
    DGRacing

--
    21 Aug 2014 10:10 PM
    Ok. Thanks. Is there a spec tire for T1 or just any DOT tire?
    Cheyne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Aug 2014 09:49 PM
    Any DOT. Most run Hoosier A6's or BFG R1S. Rims are limited to max diameter of 19" and 11" width in the front and 19" x 13" in the rear. Tires just can't stick out to where you can see tread outside the bodywork when looking straight now.

Cheyne
    Cheyne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Aug 2014 09:54 PM
    About forgot you intake needs to be the stock Coyote or the Boss 302 if you are using a Coyote. Class weight is 3425, but with the live axle you can take off 50 pounds to get to 3375.
    DGRacing

--
    23 Aug 2014 08:04 AM
    Cheyne,
    Thank you for the info. It's really helpful. I was about to put a Cobra Jet intake on but might reconsider. What about cams? Am I allowed to upgrade those?
    Cheyne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    23 Aug 2014 04:27 PM
    Under Cams the GCR says alternative cams are allowed. Valve lift and duration must be OEM. Compression needs to be a max of 12:1. You need to run the stock throttle body also.

Cheyne
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner