You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 7 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
kyoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Sep 2014 11:02 PM
the also-rans in GS are as fast as the HS Minis, so that's kind of moot.

Perhaps when the new turbo-awd Focus RS comes stateside, it'll be moved to DS, logically pushing the evo/sti there, and the wrx down to GS to play with the FoST, and some further logical organization of cars/classes, and what's proposed will happen anyway! lol
cashmo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Sep 2014 11:19 PM
A stock Mazda2/3, Yaris, FoSE, etc is still a blast to drive.
They could still "play" in a combined HS/GS or stay separate in a regional only HS.  The problem is there aren't many of those owners who seem to want to travel to Tours/Nats.
ron
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
09 Sep 2014 07:36 AM
Boy, back in the day when logic was involved in the classing it was much nicer. Sorry to say that but it's got to be true. Why in the heck is a 118 hp celica still buried in g street? Why in the heck is it in the same class as a 250hp car? Is the focus reviving the class? or killing it because it is so dominant? There used to be obvious distinctions to class, certain cars got buried as a result or at least weren't dominant but just competitive. There are a lot of interesting cars in gs but my opinion the 250 hp cars should move to ds where they belong and should have been logically placed to begin with. Then move some of the low hp cars back to hs to compete with the mini that has the same performance potential.
Ron Williams
mball
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Sep 2014 09:34 AM
Posted By drdisque on 07 Sep 2014 10:23 PM
The thought was that most of those cars were previously in DS without much of a chance, and they got moved to FS, where they at least have more of a chance. I imagine that many of the low power BMW's should be moved to GS though. The newer V6 Mustangs and Camaros make 300 hp, so I don't see an issue with them being in FS.

The Lexus IS300 is also in FS and it should be in GS.

drdisque
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Sep 2014 11:50 AM
The Celica is still in GS because it continues to be very competitive in GS. It would be a complete overdog in HS.
ron
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
09 Sep 2014 02:03 PM
I'm talking about the celica st and the mazda mx6 4 cyl that used to be in h before the mini came along
kyoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Sep 2014 02:08 PM
hopefully people can write letters in regarding at least some sort of car class rearrangement in a more logical fashion, as R. Williams suggested. May not necessarily be my proposal, but at least something so the board can officially be aware.
justint5387
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Sep 2014 04:04 PM

If you make DS a EVO/STI class instead of a WRX/TT class. The cost of entry just bumped up 10k. I don't see what makes DS/GS/HS unhealthy right now. Combining Celica to HS would make an older car to be the car to have, you can find a Mini much easier than a celica

kyoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Sep 2014 04:06 PM
Posted By justint5387 on 09 Sep 2014 04:04 PM
If you make DS a EVO/STI class instead of a WRX/TT class. The cost of entry just bumped up 10k

only if you want to race in "DS," as under the proposal the WRX would still be very competitive in GS. anyway it's a work in progress
CSP21
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Sep 2014 04:08 PM
Honestly you aren't making a compelling 12 month rule change proposal. This is more of something to be done under the normal rules cycle. We really would like to make a minimal of changes for 2015 after having the culture shock of 2014's dust settle.
kyoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Sep 2014 04:17 PM
Posted By Tom Reynolds on 09 Sep 2014 04:08 PM
Honestly you aren't making a compelling 12 month rule change proposal. This is more of something to be done under the normal rules cycle. We really would like to make a minimal of changes for 2015 after having the culture shock of 2014's dust settle.
i agree with you. like i said, work in progress. maybe small changes, like bringing the mazdaspeed3 and the mini cooper s into GS, etc. or table it all for the following year. regardless, there are things that don't make sense in these classes that should be changed.

Z3papa
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
09 Sep 2014 07:17 PM
I looked at the results and just don't think there is a huge run away in GS of FoST and don't see any data suggesting that the STi or EVO can't be competitive in BS. The big issue with the Mazdaspeed 3 is it has a true LSD. Kyoo -- you should disclose you are building a boost buggie up which you want reclassed in a softer class, and drive in a HS Mini which currently is the car to have in HS which certainly explains much of your proposal.
kyoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Sep 2014 07:28 PM

yes - boost buggie in ASP, STU at best - nothing to do with BS or DS, and HS Mini which I've been asking "faster" cars to come into the class. unlike most people's requests/proposals, this one has nothing to do with me gaining an advantage for myself, and if anything is to my "detriment."

Mrsideways
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Sep 2014 02:03 PM
If you bump the FoST out of GS then the Volvo is suddenly the car to have in the class..... Just sayin. (they could use some help with sales numbers)
kyoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Sep 2014 02:19 PM

Posted By <a href='http://www.sccaforums.com/user-profile/userid/26852' class='af-profile-link'>Mrsideways</a> on 10 Sep 2014 02:03 PM
If you bump the FoST out of GS then the Volvo is suddenly the car to have in the class..... Just sayin. (they could use some help with sales numbers)

lol. proposal wasn't to move the fost out, it was to move t other cars in. and then move some others into hs. then boost buggies (which mine will not be in) into DS. idk, still seems like a better alternative than other options. I don't think the ms3, even with its real LSD, will be faster than the fost. srt4 should be in DS if that's the case
Mrsideways
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Sep 2014 03:05 PM
Look at the results and look at how that GTi did. The new one is better....
kyoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Sep 2014 03:09 PM

Posted By <a href='http://www.sccaforums.com/user-profile/userid/26852' class='af-profile-link'>Mrsideways</a> on 10 Sep 2014 03:05 PM
Look at the results and look at how that GTi did. The new one is better....

yep, mark 7 will have fully defeatable traction control, and performance pack will have a mechanical LSD. probably will be put into DS
CSP21
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Sep 2014 03:24 PM
Incorrect on the fully defeatable on the MK7 GTI. The MK7 Golf R does.
kyoo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Sep 2014 03:32 PM
Posted By Tom Reynolds on 10 Sep 2014 03:24 PM
Incorrect on the fully defeatable on the MK7 GTI. The MK7 Golf R does.

ah you're right, my mistake. the new R will, with a nice 290hp or so! can't wait for that car
gareno
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
19 Sep 2014 08:46 AM
Don't forget to write your letters. The SAC has a conference call in a couple days. My letter will include the need to move the Focus ST to DS.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 7 << < 12345 > >>

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner