Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Charlie Davis
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Sep 2014 08:25 PM

I'm wondering if a Solo Vee can be competitive in C/Mod.  It looks like the advantages are wheel and tire size and lower weight.  What about power?  Dual carb 1600 or single carb 1915cc? 

If so, are there any for sale?  do you have to get a Formula Vee and turn it into a Solo Vee? 

What about fitment for someone with broad shoulders?

Thanks In Advance

Charlie Davis

Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Sep 2014 09:11 PM
    From the viewpoint of most of us current SoloVee owners they can't be competitive without more allowance. From the Formula Ford owners viewpoint, they seem to be scared silly by the SoloVees. Single carb 1915 is definitely the way to go. A top line 1915 will produce just over 100 hp and 100 ft-lbs of torque. The 1600 has slightly better throttle response, but the 1915 comes off the corners better, especially if the car has a limited slip differential. Older cars are not much of a problem for shoulder width since they are low and wide. Many of the newer cars while being high and narrow were modified for drivers with wide shoulders.

I have two cars I would like to pass on to new owners. One is a Lynx. It is a slider with a front beam. It was converted to a zero roll rear suspension. It looks like Vern Maxey's car, because it used to be his. The other car is a Zink roller. It was rebuilt by the previous owner. It has a transaxle geared for autocross, a new body, and a new fuel cell. It needs an engine, a seat, and to be plumbed for brakes. It could also be re-geared for vintage racing. It comes with an ugly but very serviceable open trailer. Either of them will need many of the current SoloVee allowances to be added, such as disk brakes, lsd, and possibly rack and pinion steering.
    Charlie Davis
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Sep 2014 12:35 AM
    Hhhmmmm.... Tell me more about the 2 cars. Prices, what do you think it would take ($$$$) to make them 100%?
    Markwrx
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Oct 2014 11:00 PM
    Charlie, Just get a FF and you won't have to worry about whether you will be competitive. Of course, unless you like worrying:>)
    Mark
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner