Prepared classes shuffle coming
 8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
hanhenze

--
26 Sep 2014 02:19 PM

Looks like the SEB has confirmed the rumors I heard a Nationals. GP is out and those cars have been split into EP and DP. I'm about to test my DP build and some weight changes are in the mix too. They're giving the 2 valve per cylinder cars a break.

http://www.scca.com/about/?cid=44415

Markwrx
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Oct 2014 10:53 PM

Where did you get this info?  I would like to know which ones go to each new class.

Mark

hanhenze

--
    05 Oct 2014 08:13 AM
    JimmyNX

--
    07 Oct 2014 06:55 AM
    "Giving the 2 Valve per cyl cars a break" ?

Are you kidding me? The SCCA just went and pooped the bed on this one. E Prepared is dead as we know it, and the SCCA just told all of us to get rid of our old cars and go buy a Miata.

Sure.. A G Prepared Sprite prepped to the max with every nickel possible thrown at it with an outstanding driver *might* have a chance... but no.

The only person who stands a chance going up against the Miatas of DP is Chris Dorsey. And I hope he mops the floor with the class. The SCCA dropped the ball bigtime on this by just making it harder on all of us "2 valve per cyl cars" by having to compete with the newer and better chassis... this time just putting the final nail in the coffin with the love child of the organization- the miata. It's a great car, I give it that.. but not all of us want one.
    hanhenze

--
    07 Oct 2014 07:23 AM
    Posted By JimmyNX on 07 Oct 2014 06:55 AM
    The SCCA dropped the ball bigtime on this by just making it harder on all of us "2 valve per cyl cars" by having to compete with the newer and better chassis... this time just putting the final nail in the coffin with the love child of the organization- the miata. It's a great car, I give it that.. but not all of us want one.
    I'm with you on that Jimmy. I'm new to the class so perhaps my perceptions are wrong. I'm preparing a 914/4 that probably won't have a chance at the Tours or Nationals but I'm determined to have fun in a older, no-gimmicks, basic sports car. Initial corner balance readings have come in at a really low weight so that's going to be very exciting. Especially after competing 4 seasons in 3000 lb. electronic nanny cars.

JimmyNX

--
    09 Oct 2014 06:08 PM
    Prepared has boiled down to either you want to build a race car for the weekends to have fun or do you want to spend every possibly dime and then some to be able think you can compete at nationals.

I'm all for consolidation of the classes but this is no way to do it. I'm not even sure if we speak up if it would help anything at all as well. The "not up for review until 2018" kind of sets the tone of "deal with it".

microsworkshop

--
    26 Nov 2014 01:54 PM
    I for one think it's a good idea to put the FWD cars all into EP, but for some reason my vw still can't join the party. My Corrado is classed FP, and it's ridiculous. There are only about 6 fwd cars that fall into FP, otherwise it's all porsche, bmw, and Z's. I looked at the results from nationals over the last 5 years and not a single entry in FP that was a front wheel drive car. So why wouldn't the board put us in with EP?! You think they would notice something like ZERO entries five years in a row...
    stevemhudson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Nov 2014 09:42 PM
    The non-supercharged Corrado is now in EP. If you think the supercharged version should move, write a letter asking about it. Use this to submit a letter - www.sebscca.com
    hanhenze

--
    04 Feb 2015 11:26 AM
    Check my math here but according to the Prepared DP - Appendix A in the 2015 Solo Rules book...

Engines with 2-valves per cylinder: 1.00 x listed displacement (cc)
    Engines with 2-valves per cylinder are permitted a displacement change of +10% via bore/stroke changes only and with the weight formula accounting for the increased displacement.

So... if I've put 96mm jugs on an OEM 94mm flat 4 engine (1971cc to 2056cc) that's a 4.3% increase in displacement and would super cede the 1.2mm maximum over-bore specified in...

H. Block
    1. The block may be rebored no more than 0.0472” (1.2 mm) over standard unless otherwise specified in Appendix A.

But I will have to add weight to achieve the 2056 lbs. Correct?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner