Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ron
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
20 Oct 2014 10:46 PM
    I don't  know who is currently running a Morgan +4 that wrote a letter, but they might have gotten the deal of a lifetime. Why in the hell would anyone aprove a move from ssp the fastest of all sp classes and approve a move to the slowest of all the sp classes. Is the powers to be completely out of there mind? Are they excusing the 30 or 40 letters to keep the stc to sts proposal from happening and then allowing the one letter to change such an obscure car from the fastest solo sp class to the slowest sp class? What the  heck is going on??????????????????????????????????
    TrqlessWonder

--
    21 Oct 2014 02:28 PM
    It's a Morgan. Very hard to run SSP times when you finish every run by being pushed off the course.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Oct 2014 03:41 PM
    Looking at the car it seems more like a CSP car than an FSP car (at least the new ones with the 156 hp ford engine). Older ones with Triumph or Rover engines that struggled to make 100 hp (which are much more common in the US), I can definitely see it being an FSP car. Of course, in SP you could swap the Ford engine in under the same line rule, but, well, good luck with that (and keeping the car SP legal at the same time).

The current cars are a shade over 2000 lbs according the the manufacturer, I'd venture to say that the older cars weighed less.
    talon95
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Oct 2014 05:35 PM
    I guess this notion of not classing obscure hard to find cars in competitive positions doesn't apply to SP...
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner