STX suspension setup for RX8
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Nathan Atkins

--
29 Oct 2014 11:50 PM
    So I'm trading in my rx8 after a engine flooding episode, the car is running fine again, but I'm just kind of annoyed with it and have a perfectly serviceable BRZ to take its place.

Springs are 70-90mm tapered tein's 10k front/7k rear so that they work with factory top hats
    Delrin spring separators
    Hyperco tender springs
    5" Coilover sleeves
    Fat Cat Bumpstops, I think they're 36/58mm, the ones for use with coilovers
    Bilstein B8 shocks (the slightly shorter bodied ones made for lowering springs)
    The shocks are valved for 65% of critical damping at 3in/sec, some might say they don't feel over damped enough, but this is the valving that gets you around the course fastest. :-) you get full drop travel and ride height is adjustable from monster truck to slammed society moarlow.
    Progress front sway bar, I added zerk fittings and through holes to the brackets so you can grease the bushings from the inside.

It's a good STX suspension when coupled with the progress front bar on the middle setting gives you an FRC of 74%, sounds like a lot but it's just perfect.

The whole suspension saw half a season total. Check out my youtube channel to see it in action, I think my first event with it was in September , but I only used the progress bar the last two events and that's where it really feels dialed in, so be sure to check those out. Nathanatkins15t is the channel

Nathan Atkins

--
    29 Oct 2014 11:58 PM
    I only ran the progress bar for two events and one of them was wet, this is the dry one, it was a double day so we ran the course forward and reverse:

http://youtu.be/hJbikANM22Q
    Nathan Atkins

--
    29 Oct 2014 11:58 PM
    I only ran the progress bar for two events and one of them was wet, this is the dry one, it was a double day so we ran the course forward and reverse:

http://youtu.be/hJbikANM22Q
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner