STL Rules with H2 Honda Challenge car w/B16
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
32Racing

--
05 Nov 2014 11:55 AM

I was discussing with someone about running my H2 Honda Challenge car in SCCA Club racing under the STL class. It seems that the Honda Challenge rules have been mimicked for the most part, which makes it easy. I know a slew of guys who may be up for making the transition to rebel against our stupid hp caps. Most of us run the B16A, which seem to have an issue with the STL rules...

In Honda Challenge, the B16A is allowed ITR cams, which have slightly over the 0.425" lift. Could there be an exeption made (like was done with the ITR engine) to allow the same NASA-legal engine to be legal for SCCA STL? Maybe give it a +3-5% weight penalty, I'm fine with that. I know that ITR vs GSR cams (which I assume are legal since they're under 0.425" lift) is maybe a 5-8 hp difference. Otherwise, I guess I'd need to put GSR cams in?

I guess I already need to change out my rear wing, endplates, and front splitter. I can probably make that quick and easy to swap between events, but swapping cams as well (and re-tuning) may be over the top to have to do multiple times a year.

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    06 Nov 2014 05:26 AM
    What are the specs of the cam in question? Which model B16 are you running? EDM and JDM engines can be allowed, they generally get a 2% penalty.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner