2014 Mustang which class?
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Fastie

--
21 Nov 2014 01:33 AM

Looking over the results from the last Nationals, it seems F stock maybe the way to go for my Mustang, but wondering if I have any other options or suggestions. 

Yes, I bought a car the last year BEFORE it went to IRS, but I love the looks of the older style and it was my last chance to get one new.  So, with that in mind, I know the 1LE will beat me, but I just want to go out there and have some fun.  And at about $10K cheaper (seriously amazing incentives) than 2015 Mustang or a Camaro -- I think I can handle not being the fastest out there since mostly the car will be used for DD.

My car is new and stock with GT Track Package and that's just about it.

I also will be doing some track days, so I want my extra wheel/tires to be able to do double duty if possible.  Anyway, suggestions or advice would be great from the experts, I will of course be asking some of my local friends in the sport as well.

drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Nov 2014 06:54 PM
    F Street or ESP are the way to go with a Mustang. STU is a very uphill battle. A 2014 GT Track Package should be able to keep up in FS.
    Homer23

--
    05 Jan 2015 02:18 PM
    You just bought the car brand new, so it's best to compete with it as is, except for a spare set of wheels and good tires.
    Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Jan 2015 07:01 AM
    FYI: I will have a slightly used (10k miles) set of SA Koni sports for sale very soon at a bargain price.

Dick
    blue cyclone

--
    12 Mar 2015 07:01 AM
    I agree F sport is for your GT.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner