350z C-Stock questions
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CoachMK21

--
10 Dec 2014 01:03 PM

This past year was my first in Solo.  I have a 2003 350z Performance model, 18x8 rims with the Brembo brake package.  The car came with a Injen CAI and needed new tires, so I got wider rims (18x8.5 F and 18x9.5 R) and Hankook RS-3 tires (245/265).  Last year I ran in STU.  I want to move to the stock class this year, so I found a stock airbox and will be getting new tires for the stock rims.

I was talking with one of our pro drivers in my region (FLR) and he suggested the Direzza ZII Star Spec in 275/35 would fit.  I wanted to run the same size (square) on all 4 corners.  They are 8" rims and comes stock with 225 front and 245 rear.  He said the Direzza's have really stiff side walls, so they would work well even though they'd be pinched.  Any other opinion on this?  I really liked the RS-3's too.  If I went with new RS-3's, what size should I go with?

Another question; The track model that year had 8.5" wide rear rims.  Would I be able to get those rims and still be able to stay in the stock class since it is an available option for that year?  Thanks in advance.

Z3papa
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Dec 2014 08:45 PM
    You'd have to put every component which was in the track model in order to be able to run legally.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Dec 2014 10:53 PM
    I think the 275's would be very pinched on those 8" rims. The tire comes in 265/35/18 as well. I'd probably go with that.
    CoachMK21

--
    10 Dec 2014 11:56 PM
    @Z3papa - Everyone component, as in leather seats, navigation, etc? That wouldn't be worth it, I guess

@drdisque - Thanks. I was thinking 265's would fit better, as well. Was curious if anyone had some direct experience with 275's. Thanks.
    CoachMK21

--
    12 Dec 2014 09:09 AM
    Just as a follow up if anyone wants to know. After talking with some others who have more experience with the set up I'm looking for, I'm going to go with 4 x 255/35 Hankook RS-3's. I'll also be picking up a Hotchkis front sway bar. I don't think I'll be able to afford new shocks or exhaust this season, so I'll put them on the list for 2016.
    GlennAustin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    18 Dec 2014 06:09 PM
    Track has cloth seats. And 18x8F/18x8.5R wheels.

The deal breaker is VDC -- that means a bunch of electronics.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner