Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sjfehr
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
23 Dec 2014 04:43 PM
    I've updated my PAX/RTP android app to reflect Rick Ruth's latest 2015 numbers including his concrete PAX numbers.  Still completely free with no ads, I just do this for fun.  Ostensibly.  If you already have an older version installed, you should get an update notification, otherwise you can go to google play and manually update it.   From what I hear there will not be a separate Pro Solo index this year, but I'll update if one is added.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.muo.paxrtp
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    24 Dec 2014 07:06 PM
    I had been mulling several different "concrete" factors, which one did you use, .980?

Thanks,
    Rick Ruth
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Dec 2014 07:37 PM

Yep, I used 0.980 That WAS your final official recommendation, wasn't it?  I used 0.830 CAM-C, too.   It's interesting to go back and forth between pax/rtp and concrete pax/rtp and see how much difference that makes time-wise.  

e: CAM-C, not CAM-S.

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Dec 2014 08:57 AM

Yes, .980 was my final recommendation for all street tire cars on concrete.  To clarify -- CAM-S should be .836, CAM-T at .825 and CAM-C at .830.  CAM-C is the one that changed.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Dec 2014 02:59 PM

Gonna take me a while to get the new CAMs straight, I think.  It was just a typo in my post, fortunately.

sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    02 Jan 2015 11:02 PM
    Rick, would you be able to post the 0.980 concrete factor on your website, too, as well as criteria of where the values with the concrete modifier will be more accurate than those without? Not everyone reads these forums, and I fear a lot of people won't treat it as part of your "official" PAX/RTP index unless you formally post it.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    03 Jan 2015 10:01 AM
    What my 100hp car factor? .925?
    Maypo

--
    08 Jan 2015 01:43 AM
    My Samsung tablet generates the class equivalents in a completely random arrangement. Not alphabetical, by prep level... I don't see a setup function to organize the result.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08 Jan 2015 06:33 PM

Posted By Maypo on 08 Jan 2015 01:43 AM
    My Samsung tablet generates the class equivalents in a completely random arrangement. Not alphabetical, by prep level... I don't see a setup function to organize the result.
    I unfortunately don't have full tablet support yet. It will run on tablets, but the columns get messed up. Most phones display text the same way so it's pretty easy to make it look the same on those devices, but tablets are a bit more complicated. According to Google Play, about 70 people have installed this on tablets, so I know there's demand for it.
    ViperTGB

--
    08 Feb 2015 10:56 PM
    I'll start by saying that I have the app and it's pretty sweet. Very helpful! I think my phone (LG G2) has the same issue as some of the tablets where the classes appear somewhat randomly (they are actually in order in a diagonal pattern).

Also, I'm curious about whether the concrete PAX index is official or not. I'm wondering what the suggestion is on whether or not our local SCCA club should use the concrete multiplier or not.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2016 06:48 PM
    For anyone that's been using my android app, I hope you've found it useful. I've decided not to update for 2016, though. Turns out Pronto Timing's ProntoPAX app is also pretty good and a whole lot easier for me because I don't have to rewrite it every year :)

You can get ProtoPAX here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...pronto.pax

If they ever stop, I'll probably start updating my app again.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner