clarification on T4 modifications
 8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BabyFerrari

--
28 Dec 2014 08:16 AM
    Hi everyone. I need some help about the rules. Is there a list of modifications that we can do that are allowed in all classes? Ex: shifter, blow off valve, etc....?
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Jan 2015 07:42 PM
    You need to download the GCR from the SCCA.com website. Look for clubracing link and go to cars and rules
    PoorMansRacing

--
    17 Feb 2015 12:56 PM
    What car are you running? And by "all classes" do you mean within the Touring category or in general?

Touring rules, especially T4, are rather limited (e.g. an aftermarket short shifter isn't permitted). It would be nice to get a little more background on what you're asking. Further, the GCR is your friend. Read it, read it, read it.
    Abarth13

--
    09 Jul 2015 10:26 PM
    The main rule I'm trying to understand is about the programmable ECU. I called John at SCCA and I was told that I can't run a plug and play tuner, yet another car can. I'm trying to figure out what exactly to the ecu can i do?
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Jul 2015 11:22 AM
    You can tune within the OEM ecu but cannot run a piggyback or alternate ecu. It would help to know what you are trying to run
    Abarth13

--
    10 Jul 2015 03:58 PM
    T4. I'm running a 2013 fiat 500 abarth. So i can do like a quick flash tune on the stock ECU?
    Abarth13

--
    10 Jul 2015 03:59 PM
    I just want to know exactly what engine modifications can be done besides exhaust beyond the cat and a catch can
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Jul 2015 05:25 PM
    You can change your air filter but not the housing. flash the ecu, remove cats and alter the exhaust. Stock manifold and stock sized pipe until after the cat location, then anything goes as long as it routes the same. No internal engine changes
    Abarth13

--
    11 Jul 2015 04:56 PM
    I read through the rules and I can only put a different downpipe on as long as it retains the OEM inlet and outlet diameter. I know I can do exhaust for sure, I already have that part taken care of as well as the air filter.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner