6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dotslashapex

--
12 Jan 2015 01:44 PM
    Hi everyone,

Long time autocrosser in San Diego running a STX Prepped E36 325i Sedan. As the e36 is aging pretty rapidly, I figured, I'd pick up a class ready car from the factory, so I picked up a 2015 Subaru WRX which will EVENTUALLY be a STX backup car.

Since in STX you can't raise the boost pressure (I think this is true for any ST car with a turbo), what potential tuning source could be used? The ever popular one is the Cobb V3, but I don't want potential rumors filling the paddock saying stuff like "oh he's only doing so well in STX because he's got illegal ecu mapping" and as such I'd want to be transparent about the ecu tune. Any suggestions or is the car too new to have this discussion?
    gary p
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Jan 2015 07:02 PM
    People eventually created (supposedly) ST-legal tunes for the Accessport for previous versions, but I doubt anyone has done it yet for the 15 WRX given that it's so new and hasn't been classed in ST for more than a couple months. The rules say don't say you can't raise the boost pressure, just that you can't alter (raise) any boost limits in the programming. Boost increases that come from otherwise legal modifications are legal. I don't know the specifics of the new 2.0's ECU program, but many newer turbo cars have "torque targets" instead of boost tables. Much grey area there when it comes to ST-legal ECU tuning.
    justint5387
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Jan 2015 02:30 AM
    You can customize maps on the Cobb AP when the AccessTuner Race are released. Currently, there are no AccessTuner Race available since it is still in the "Alpha" stage. You can get a Cobb AP and flash one of the stage 1 maps, but that won't be legal for STX. Currently, you will need to be on the Stage0 map if you have a AP for STX , which is the stock map.
    dotslashapex

--
    20 Jan 2015 11:31 AM
    To keep the budget in check, I think I may just run the car in DS. It's got potential, but needs camber and some RS3's pretty quick haha
    dotslashapex

--
    20 Jan 2015 11:34 AM

You can customize maps on the Cobb AP when the AccessTuner Race are released. Currently, there are no AccessTuner Race available since it is still in the "Alpha" stage. You can get a Cobb AP and flash one of the stage 1 maps, but that won't be legal for STX. Currently, you will need to be on the Stage0 map if you have a AP for STX , which is the stock map.

This is definitely good info. I'm sure that this will come up as these cars become a bit more available so it's good to have this info out for the community. Thanks for the response Justin and it was due to your car that I ended up picking one up. I blame you for all me lack of funds now hahaha!
    stevesnow

--
    17 Feb 2015 05:38 PM
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...?t=1385632

This is a great thread on this, the take-away from it tuning for STX wise is that you have to get a protune to do this, they have to use the factory/stock boost tables and wastegate duty cycles. The reason for the wastegate duty cycles is that Cobb changes them to allow for no speed limiter. So tell your protuner that they need to take these tables from the "Stage 0" map that cobb has, then they can do ignition and timing all they want. I am currently just getting an E-Tune for 93 octane and plan to ask about getting an STX legal map for the season. Will let you know what happens!
    SIMMONS-RACING
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Apr 2015 09:58 PM
    Call Mike at Moto-east he can make a ecutek tune without boost.

Simmons
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner