You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Markwrx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Mar 2015 09:57 PM
    Brian Harmer is asking for input on this. His e mail is bharmer@scca.com
    I vote yes as I am in CM and it gives us a much better deal.
    Before the ProSolo season officially starts we have had an interesting conversation with a few folks and are possibly thinking of changing the way R1 and R2 is formed in the Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo series. The current model is R1 is all Modified classes and R2 is all Prepared classes. Each running on index to determine class rankings. However, the idea brought to us is to separate them by power/weight potential rather than by category. One of the reasons to do this would be to better balance the two classes so they can hopefully both make a class at each event. Here is how the proposed change would form those two classes:

R1 R2
    AM DP
    BM EP
    DM CM
    EM FM
    XP
    CP
    FP
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Mar 2015 01:08 AM
    Did that list come out the way you intended? I don't understand putting FP and CP with AM and BM. But I don't race a mod or prepared car in Prosolo, so maybe I don't understand the point.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Mar 2015 09:01 AM
    That's the list straight from Brian Harmer's email.

R1: AM, BM, DM, EM, XP, CP, FP
    R2: DP, EP, CM, FM

One of the issues with PAX for prosolo bump classes is that it's course dependent. If you end up with a Corvette course, you don't want to toss Miatas in with corvettes in the same bump class because the index can't account for that. It's even more of an issue this year because ProSolo is using Rick Ruth's standard PAX/RTP and it doesn't account for 60ft times.

One way to reduce the course and launch dependencies and level the playing field is to structure the bump classes around course dependency archetypes- put the high power cars in one bump class and the low power cars in another. PAX/RTP then compensates for the relative performance difference between each class in the bump class. This is not new; the ProSolo and Match Tour bump classes already account somewhat for surface dependencies by keeping street tire cars separate from r-comps.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Mar 2015 05:41 PM
    Then I guess the issue I have is why is FP being considered a "high power" class.

To me it would make more sense to put DM and EM with the prepared cars since they're more like actual cars than the rest of the Mod cars. But again, I don't drive these cars.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Mar 2015 06:17 PM
    I was wondering that, too. It's less about power and more about power:weight, but even then, I dunno. Shoot Brian an email about it?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner