2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
djm1968

--
30 Mar 2015 05:08 PM
    I run my '12 Cayman R is Super Street and am looking to
    According to SCCA rules, I am allowed to use wheel spacers of +/- 7mm. Porsche offered 5mm spacers as an option for my model, which I am allowed to add to the 7mm already allotted by the rules, correct? My track wheels have 2mm less backspacing than the OEM wheel, so minus 2mm of spacer would be required to compensate, correct?

7mm per SS rules on using spacers
    5mm per SS rules for OEM spacers
    -2mm for using wheels with 2mm less backspacing.
    --------------------------------
    10mm

Are my calculations correct?

Thanks,
    DJM
    Joseph Carozzoni

--
    30 Mar 2015 06:02 PM
    "Wheel spacers are permitted provided the resultant combination complies with the offset requirements of this Section. On vehicles supplied with an OE wheel spacer, the wheel spacer shall be considered as a part of the wheel."

I would say yes. Just make sure that the Wheel Spacer Option changed absolutely nothing else that cannot be changed legally. For example, if the Wheel Spacer Option also included a quicker steering ratio (which you cannot legally change) - then no.
    djm1968

--
    30 Mar 2015 06:26 PM

Posted By Mario Linguini on 30 Mar 2015 06:02 PM
    "Wheel spacers are permitted provided the resultant combination complies with the offset requirements of this Section. On vehicles supplied with an OE wheel spacer, the wheel spacer shall be considered as a part of the wheel."

I would say yes. Just make sure that the Wheel Spacer Option changed absolutely nothing else that cannot be changed legally. For example, if the Wheel Spacer Option also included a quicker steering ratio (which you cannot legally change) - then no.

Thanks for the note and, at least on the Cayman R, selecting the wheel spacer option changed absolutely nothing else.

Cheers,
    DJM
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner