AspireTec Engineering  468
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 07 Apr 2015 07:53 AM by  extra
Which class of regional racing is this car eligible for?
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
extra

--
02 Apr 2015 12:58 PM
    Hello, I'm new and I'm wondering if a BMW E36 3-series with an LS3 swap is eligible to race in any classes at regional events such as those put on by the south and central florida regions. I searched around and found a book of rules/guidelines but couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for. Thanks in advance.
    dkmura

--
    05 Apr 2015 09:53 AM
    Your hybrid BMW would fit in ITE if it meets SCCA safety requirements for road racing.
    extra

--
    05 Apr 2015 06:07 PM

Posted By dkmura on 05 Apr 2015 09:53 AM
    Your hybrid BMW would fit in ITE if it meets SCCA safety requirements for road racing.

I just read its rules and it says:

Engine:
    Engine modifications are limited to the IT preparation rules (GCR 9.1.3.D) except for the following:
    1. Cars may use an alternate engine block. The engine block must be from the same manufacturer as the
    chassis. The engine must remain in the original location utilizing the factory engine mount locations. The engine block type (example: V8) must remain the same as originally delivered and/or offered for sale from the manufacturer.

The engine is a GM v8 so I'm guessing it's not eligible. Any other options?
    dkmura

--
    06 Apr 2015 11:48 PM
    I'd suggest you look up the local tech chief for the region you live in and ask them about ITE. In my experience, Improved Touring E (for Everything) allowed just about any closed roof sports car to race in a regional race. That may vary from region-to-region, but you'll be able to get more info by talking with them, rather than asking for advice on an internet board..
    extra

--
    07 Apr 2015 07:53 AM

Posted By dkmura on 06 Apr 2015 11:48 PM
    I'd suggest you look up the local tech chief for the region you live in and ask them about ITE. In my experience, Improved Touring E (for Everything) allowed just about any closed roof sports car to race in a regional race. That may vary from region-to-region, but you'll be able to get more info by talking with them, rather than asking for advice on an internet board..

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner