11 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bradgto

--
06 Apr 2015 07:22 PM

Hey guys,

Looks like I am going to try autoX again.  I played a little bit in the cavalier, GTO and a c6z06 I had for a while.   I am getting my son into autoX and thought I might as well race again.   I have a new car and a little confused on the class.  Since I have to get new numbers and letters made I want to get the correct.  The facts.. 2015 Z06 without the Z07 package.  So my tires are a Tread wear of 300.  Does this mean I can run in SS class?  Some of the Z06 guys are saying they are getting put into SSP.  I really don't care what class I am in since I don't feel I am going to be very competitive with how rusting I am going to be..

The manual says this under SS  "In red, page 163 Super Street Class "Corvette Z06 (OE tires are not compliant) (2015)"     I am thinking that this is mainly for the PSC2 tires that are rated at 170? 

Any thoughts would be great.  BTW my car is White if you guys see me there.. and my son will be driving a red Celica

lightisfast

--
    06 Apr 2015 08:24 PM

You are good in SS.  It refers to the fast track

#15192 2015 Corvette Z06 Classing Proposal Per the SAC, add a new listing to class the 2015 Corvette Z06 in SS. Note: the OE tires are not compliant for National competition in the Street category.

Just the tires

bradgto

--
    06 Apr 2015 10:27 PM
    great news thank you
    obielando

--
    07 Apr 2015 09:52 AM
    I'll have to swing by and check out the Celica before we get to walking, since our cars are so similar (I'm driving a blue STR MR2 Spyder).  Getting excited for the season to start!
    trippinbillies40

--
    07 Apr 2015 11:58 AM

Brad, an updated revision from SoloMatters:

#15195 2015 Corvette Z06 Classing Proposal Per the SAC: Anyone wishing to have a C7 Z06 classified needs to let Dave Santel drive it at an event so he can decide where it should go.  He'll probably say SS like the previous SAC proposal, but you know, just to be sure.

btschafer

--
    07 Apr 2015 12:45 PM
    Well, that would certainly answer the question "Will it spin?"
    bradgto

--
    07 Apr 2015 12:59 PM
    maybe if Dave can hook me up with some free go-karting he can help class my car.. haha.

sounds good about checking out the Celica oble. His is a 2000 gts. . My brother drives the white Lotus. So they have a lot in common.

trippinbillies40

--
    07 Apr 2015 04:13 PM

How much go karting needs to go your way? :)  Unfortunately I don't get to donate races, but I can sure as hell buy you some haha.

And Bryan... oh so true.

bradgto

--
    07 Apr 2015 07:54 PM
    Dave,

I will probably be up at F.T. this weekend. We can chat about it!! The car feels so wide.. even compared to my old GTO! So I know I will be killing some cones. lol.
    obielando

--
    08 Apr 2015 07:57 AM
    Posted By brad on 07 Apr 2015 12:59 PM
    maybe if Dave can hook me up with some free go-karting he can help class my car.. haha.

sounds good about checking out the Celica oble. His is a 2000 gts. . My brother drives the white Lotus. So they have a lot in common.

With all of these 2zz's running around, I'm going to have Lift envy. :)
    bradgto

--
    09 Apr 2015 07:57 AM
    Just looked at the entry list.. I think I will go ahead and run SSR. I think the R means race tire. .even know I don't have race tires. At least I will have someone to run in a group with. I know I won't win this class but I would rather be in a group instead of by myself. unless others sign up for SS. See you SSR's on the 19th.

btschafer

--
    09 Apr 2015 08:32 AM
    Perfect! That means we'll be red, white and blue in grid. :-)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner