Solo Points Event #1 results are posted
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
btschafer

--
19 Apr 2015 06:32 PM

PE1 results are posted on the website.  http://cincyscca.com/autocross/2015...leresults/

Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend!  Beautiful weather and a great Starting Line event on Saturday.  We had a good event today but needed two or three more hours of dry conditions.

P.S.  I can't say it enough: Thank you to everyone helping to put on our events and also making an effort to properly identify your cars.  It made timing & scoring much, much easier.  See you next time...on the concrete!!!!!!!!

Catch-22

--
    20 Apr 2015 10:24 AM
    6:32 the evening of the event?
    Why are you so slow?

Seriously though, what is the protocal for class designations on the cars now. I'm seeing things like "STSTX" in the results and wondering if we have to put all of that on the cars.
    obielando

--
    20 Apr 2015 11:16 AM
    All of the indexed classes just run the index name. So, for example, yesterday, I was 21 ST. (STSTR was probably how it showed up in the results). Nathan did a great job at registration going over that with folks, and I think it paid off.
    ghostlyneon

--
    20 Apr 2015 11:23 AM
    I hope everyone had fun Sunday *in the wetness!"

I was home sick most of the day,

Cheers.
    btschafer

--
    20 Apr 2015 12:01 PM
    Posted By obie on 20 Apr 2015 11:16 AM
    All of the indexed classes just run the index name. So, for example, yesterday, I was 21 ST. (STSTR was probably how it showed up in the results). Nathan did a great job at registration going over that with folks, and I think it paid off.

It paid off HUGE.  Folks in grid, the trailer, and on course were able to quickly and accurately identify almost every car.   We must've been launching cars every 10-15 seconds.  That doesn't leave a lot of time for confusion when at least four people need get that information and then and do something with it.  All the while keeping everything perfectly in sync while recording times, acquiring and recording penalties, etc.

Another big help is having a clear view of the start and finish from the trailer.

Cars in the computer have the full alphabet soup designation.  What makes it easy is that they're grouped by the super class.  So, all of the novices are in numerical order under N.  Super quick to find the N group and then the number.  We can almost always ignore the base class that's used to index the results.

Big thanks to Nathan for making sure people got it right.  Now we need to do it for every car, every event.  If I had one small ask related to this it would be higher quality, higher contrast numbers in some cases, but what we had yesterday was a vast improvement over anything we've seen at a region event in recent memory.

lightisfast

--
    20 Apr 2015 07:52 PM

Keeping track of the cars is only part of the timing issues we have had in the past.  So, great job to you Brian for having it all setup and ready to go first event of the year.  Also good work with the time spent with Axware fixing bugs.  Still not the best software, but we seem to have gotten to the point of making it work

As far as the classing labeling, perhaps we should have something clear in the registration for PE2.  We will be likely getting a lot of other regions coming in.  I know last year that was a giant mess of classing.

obielando

--
    20 Apr 2015 08:39 PM

Posted By lightisfast on 20 Apr 2015 07:52 PM

As far as the classing labeling, perhaps we should have something clear in the registration for PE2.  We will be likely getting a lot of other regions coming in.  I know last year that was a giant mess of classing.

That's a good question. How, if any, will PE2 be different since we'll have so many visitors (and when do we think it'll open, if we know)?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner