SS Class Car Purchase Opinions
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jhalliman

--
13 May 2015 01:49 PM
    Question: I'm considering dropping my highly uncompetitive (but fun) STR Miata at the end of the season and moving to something that I can compete more with. I'd prefer, for personal reasons, an Elise (or '06 NA Exige) OR a C7 Z06 for SS. Budget isn't a massive concern to me but I don't hate spending less money.

Does anyone have enough experience with the new Z06 to determine whether the Elise will remain competitive or not in the SS class with the release of the new platform? Also, I'm not seeing it in the rulebook but it's worth double checking - does the Z07 package bump the new Z06 from SS?
    Conekilla

--
    18 May 2015 11:14 PM
    hmm it says Z06 oem tires aren't allowed. So I'm guessing you have to buy 200tw street tires? not bad.. Honestly, I think Lotus will be faster with proper driver..600+ hp might be a bit too much hp for autox BUT it can be a fantastic dual purpose car (autox and track). Oh remember, you got Porsche GT3 to deal with in SS too.. They are agile and fast. I say buy what your heart desires.
    cretinx

--
    30 Jun 2015 11:17 AM
    GT3 all day long.
    ninelvnfevr

--
    21 Nov 2015 03:18 PM
    2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder, PDK w/Launch Control, Sport Chrono, Carbon Fiber Seats, A/C Delete, Navigation Delete, Limited Slip Diff. 1" wider rear Wheels. Lightest Contemporary Porsche available including the GT4 and GT3.

Did I mention this one is 30-40K USD less than (respectively) the Porsche models mentioned above.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner