There's been some questions as to the what the plan is for this weekend. We traditionally have not run at Hawkeye Downs when the surface is wet. While we try to design courses to be as safe as possible, the simple fact is, we cannot control human behavior behind the wheel and the combination of reduced grip and immovable objects can make for a bad situation very quickly.
We have confirmed that Hawkeye Downs is available the weekend of the 21st should we have to postpone the event due to rain. At this point in time we are hesitant to just go ahead and switch the date as we've cancelled at least one event in the past due to predicted bad weather and then had things turn out just fine. Additionally, there's no saying that the weekend of the 21st will be any better.
At the point we are going to continue on as planned, HOWEVER, please continue to monitor the Iowa Region Facebook page, the Iowa Region Facebook group, the Iowa Region message board on SCCAForums.com, and the Iowa Region website. If the decision is made to cancel we will be spreading the word via those outlets and also relying on you folks to help spread the word.
Everyone keep your fingers crossed and stay dry.