G-LOC Brakes
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 05 Aug 2015 12:50 AM by  drdisque
2004 325i - SCCA Solo F Street Suspension?
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BoAbney

--
31 Jul 2015 09:34 PM
    I want to run my 2004 325i Sedan Sport w/SMG in F Street for fun. If I replace my stock struts/springs with a Koni Sport Damper Set & Springs (1140 4841) will it be F Street legal? The Koni set has the Koni Sport struts/shocks and H&R Sport springs that lowers front 35mm and rear 10mm. If not SCCA F Street legal, any suggestions? Running 235/40R17 Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Specs with stock swaybars.
    rodhx

--
    01 Aug 2015 10:04 AM
    No, you cannot replace the springs in Street class. You would end up in Street Touring, so STX for your car. Both FS & STX are very tough classes for your car, but you said "for fun" so you probably already realize that. STX allows for several other mods that you may ultimately want to do, like even stiffer springs, up to 9" wide wheels, and up to 265mm wide tires.
    BoAbney

--
    01 Aug 2015 11:31 AM
    Thanks...figured so but rule book wasn't crystal clear to me. No aspiration for racing at the Nats...just want to have fun.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Aug 2015 12:50 AM
    The 325i is actually much better suited to STX than FS as the higher powered BMW's - the 1/335's and M3's class up to STU in Street Touring rather than STX while both compete in FS in Street.

I would also budget in a set of camber plates. It's a minimal investment and will really help your camber-challenged car and is allowed in STX.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner