Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cito
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Aug 2015 01:13 PM
    Just a simple question. It looks like at this point all C30's are in HS. So, maybe its a 2-part question.

1) Is it currently classed in HS.

2) What is the chance it gets moved out of HS?

From what I have read, it might not be that great of a car for autocross, but I think it shares its bones with the Focus ST and Mazdaspeed3, which are obviously classed elsewhere.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Brent
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 Aug 2015 04:07 PM
    Yes, since so few Polestars were built it wasn't even on the SAC's radar and is in HS with the rest of the C30's.

It probably would be decent in HS, but I'd still rather have a FiST or SI.

If you start winning stuff, someone will write a letter and it will probably get moved to GS.
    Mrsideways
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Aug 2015 03:50 PM
    Ok, the Polestar one is a 400hp awd prototype. It doesn't exist. The polestars you could buy at the dealer were a C30 R-design with blue paint and black wheels.
    As far as HS, I've considered it. It is a Mazdaspeed3 / Focus ST with a 5 cylinder engine open diff and traction control you can't disable. It over the life of the car will prove to be far more reliable then it's direct injected cousins. It has the hope of being a cheap alternative in HS that will run for years with plenty of used availability. Questions is can you find a way to disable the Stability control legally? Is it going to run all over the FiST.... No. Do I think it's a better car. Yep. will it hopelessly get crushed in GS.... yep. Does the 5 cylinder sound like a viper... YEP. Reason enough to buy one right there.
    Cito
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Aug 2015 03:29 PM
    The polestar option also included tuning softward that increased power and torque, fairly dramatically. I don't know how intrusive the stability control is. Matt Farah tested one on youtube, and he complains about a lot, but not the stability control. I am thinking that much of what he complains about could be addressed with tires, koni's, and a stiffer rear swaybar. I have a Fist, so not sure why I find this so intriguing. Just getting a headstart on silly season.
    Mrsideways
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Aug 2015 03:56 PM
    The Current R-Designs all come with the Polestar software upgrade from the factory. I was under the impression that the C30 R-designs were the same. I logged one back and forth from a standard one. It was 1 more lbs of air through the MAF. Now the Polestar software on the S60's is a whole different world. I logged my car vs a normal T6 and it was 7 or 8 lbs of air more though the MAF in the mid range and IIRC it was 5 lbs of air at the top end. Driving them back to back it's a Huge difference in the mid range (1 second and 7 mph in the 1/4 mile) where as the C30's with and without software wasn't very noticeable. They have a pretty good midrange TQ hit from the factory. I haven't dyno'd one stock, but I did dyno a S40 non-turbo and it dyno'd on a dynojet at the wheels exactly what it was rated at from the factory in HP and had 10 or 15 ft/lbs more tq at the wheels then what it claimed at the flywheel from the factory. I wouldn't be surprised if the turbo cars were the same.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner