AspireTec Engineering  468
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 08 Oct 2015 12:01 PM by  GSRVic
Brand New to Auto-X, Want to drive my own car but im confused a bit about classing
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
GSRVic

--
07 Oct 2015 07:49 PM
    I just co-drove my first event last weekend and now that i have gotten my feet wet id like to look into putting my own car on the auto-x course

So I've read the .pdf a few times, asked my buddy and still having a hard time figuring out how to class my car, or if it will even be legal in the Touring class.

Id like some friendly advice and if you think I'm wasting my time with this car feel free to express that opinion

The car is by outward appearance a 1997 honda civic (00 front clip)
    Mechanically its is every bit of a 1994 Acura Integra GS-R
    Engine, Transmission, F/R Brakes, Sway bars, ECU are all from the doner car
    I think Both of those fit in H-street however the car is modified
    3pt strut brace, Tokiko HPK coilovers, Rear Adjustable UCA's
    Short shifter with weighted shift knob, stage 2 clutch
    Aftermarket Intake Manifold, Aftermarket Header, Cold air Intake, Lightened Crank Pully, Catch can, FPR
    and some stuff has been removed, Trunk interior, AC compressor and condenser, some under carpet padding.
    It also has 17" wheels on it running 205/40 tires, but i would swap those for 16" with some track tires
    I'd been daily driving the car for a couple years and retired it a while back so i figured this could be a great direction to go with it.. but I don't know if i can...
    Let me know what your thoughts are
    Its is fairly fast and really fun to drive on the street
    Adam303
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08 Oct 2015 12:01 AM
    It's definitely not going to be street touring. Honestly, it sounds like it belongs in Prepared or at the very least Street Modified FWD.
    ksconekiller
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Oct 2015 07:13 AM
    Agreed. SMF is where it would go, but it would be under prepared as is. A lot of regions have other options, like novice classes or open street tire classes, so see what's available for you until you settle on how you want to move forward with the car.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Oct 2015 11:29 AM
    If it literally has no interior other than the drivers seat than it technically is in E-Prepared. However, if you put the carpet and passenger seat in it would be legal for SMF and I doubt competitors would protest you running in SMF as is considering your novice status.
    GSRVic

--
    08 Oct 2015 12:01 PM
    Ok thank you guys alot.
    It does have Full interior, so i will look into SMF and STO
    I just want to find a class i can compete in here in houston, maybe other places once I iron out the kinks
    Looking at the standings from last weekend, nobody ran F street modified but 8 people ran Street tire open.
    I'm going to run novice for first few outings, I'm sure the other racers will correct me if they see i need to be in another class.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner