Street class excluded vehicles
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ChrisChhorn

--
11 Oct 2015 12:23 AM
    Are vehicles completely excluded or are eligible for Street modified once they meet SSF factor?
    Forever Excluded (0)
     0%
    Cleared once Static Stability Factor is within required spec (4)
     100%
    Hi all, quick question. Well maybe not. I had a question about vehicles that are excluded in "Street" class.

Excluded from Street Category for
    reasons of stability per Section:
    3.1:
    Dodge Caliber (non-SRT)
    Fiat 500 (non-Abarth)
    Ford Fiesta (non-ST) (2011-15)*
    GEO Tracker & Suzuki Sidekick
    Jeep CJ series
    MINI Countryman
    Nissan Juke
    Suzuki Samurai
    Scion xB (2004-06)
    Scion iQ

Are these vehicles eligible to run in SM/SSM/SMF if the vehicle was lowered and then met the stability issue per section 3:1 and of course met all other criteria to be in Street modified classes? Do they become legal to run Street modified or are they not eligible to ever run legally in an SCCA event no matter what was done?

The way I read the rules was just those vehicles were not legal for Street class only. Street touring and Street prepared would of course have to petition to run certain class due to not being classified in any of them but I thought Street modified would be no issues due to no fixed list of cars but just vehicle guidelines that it had to meet.

I look forward to all of your input on this situation. Thank you.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Oct 2015 09:55 PM
    Lowered 1st gen Scion xB's and Fiat 500's are explicitly classed in Appendix A in STF. So yes, lowered "excluded" vehicles can compete at higher levels of prep.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    12 Oct 2015 07:10 AM
    The key is that you can't just enter a stock Juke in SM, etc., they have to actually be lowered with the track widened, etc, so that they don't represent the excessively high rollover risk these cars do in stock trim. Nothing wrong with running them once that's been done, though. I believe this was clarified in a 2013 fastrack.
    ChrisChhorn

--
    12 Oct 2015 02:10 PM
    Thanks for the response all. I also got a response from SEB and they stated they can 100% run as long as section 3.1 is is cleared. My current region allows me to run no problem but I'm possibly moving to a new region where other Jukes are having issues racing right now so I was trying to get clarification and hopefully things to counter them if they say "No, its on the exclusion list" as some of the other Juke owners have heard.

My Juke Nismo RS is actually currently leading SMF in our region right now. Coilovers, brake pads, and a set of 295/30/18 Hoosier A7's do amazing things lol. Many other bolt ons and a tune also. She's no national competitor but she is strong! Won the last 2 events since swapping to the A7's and a close 2nd the 1st 2 events when I was on Nitto NT01's.

[URL=http://s184.photobucket.com/user/ChrisChhorn1/media/12019836_10153727932724653_8648599605623580091_n_zpsj4hemtdn.jpg.html][/URL]

Current race results and scores.

http://www.sccahawaii.org/solo/2015-2/
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner