Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Markwrx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
03 Nov 2015 08:11 PM
    Anyone try or have info about Formula Jedi cars. I am thinking Bmod autocross. Here is a link to some info. http://www.formulajedi.com
    Mark
    Jim G
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Nov 2015 01:14 PM
    Just took a very quick look. They look cool.

They weigh 716 lbs. Add 180 for driver and you're up to 896. That leaves about 125 lbs of ballast required. Also the front and rear wings might have to be changed. Check the BMod rules going into effect for 2016. I think the last Fastrack has them. There's a difference between sports racer rules and formula car rules in BMod. Not sure about the rear diffuser either.

Web also doesn't give wheelbase.

Might work but you'll need more research than the web offers.
    Clemens
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Nov 2015 04:06 PM
    Mark,

Are you looking at the Jedi that has been advertised on the BM list? A Jedi is an unknown since they are rather exotic. I don't know how many are in this country, maybe not more than a handful.

The basic specs listed on the Jedi Website look good. Weight is low, and the width seems to be in the right ballpark. I have not been able to find any info on the wheelbase, but that is not that critical anyway.

Like Jim said, a Jedi definitely needs upgraded aero in order to be competitive on an autocross course. Another question is what they have for a differential.

The particular one that I have seen advertised does not take full advantage of the engine size allowance, but it should still be a fun, quick little car. It certainly looks like a good deal.

If you are interested, you might just have to make a decision and dive in. I doubt that you'll be able to find anyone to give you more specific advice.

Clemens
    Clemens
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Nov 2015 01:51 PM
    There is additional information on the Jedi Racing Cars Website:

http://www.jediracingcars.co.uk/rac...abrication

The Mk 6/7 car even has a Quaife LSD, which is good news. The car as listed on their site would be a great starting point. More potent wings should make this a very quick car, assuming it meets the 80" minimum wheelbase requirement. Oh, and it would require a whole bunch of ballast.

Clemens
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner