MAF conversion
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cbydesign

--
19 Nov 2015 03:28 PM
    I think I already know what the answer will be, but is it legal to upgrade from a speed density system to mass air in ST?

I don't think the application matters, but for arguments sake, I'm looking at taking an 88 mustang in STP to local events, but it would be nice to upgrade to Mass Air like the later Fox body models to be able to better take advantage of the tuning that is allowed in ST.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Nov 2015 11:31 PM
    Since there's no update/backdate allowance in ST and I don't think the conversion to a MAF would be considered part of the "intake" allowance for ST and since ST only allows piggyback/reflashes and not ECU replacement, I'd say no, it's not allowed in STP.

However, also consider that your '88 Mustang is now legal for CAMT, that makes it a much friendlier place to play than STP in my opinion and you can do whatever you want with the engine management.
    Cbydesign

--
    20 Nov 2015 06:56 AM
    Yeah, I forgot about needing to swap to a different ECU. CAM-T would provide a great place for me to do a lot more with the car without worrying about the rules too much, I was just interested in STP as it seems like it could be a more closely competitive class due to the more narrow rules set for ST cars.

That said, I would like to be able to do a 5 lug conversion, not ST legal, upgraded distributor, don't think that's ST legal, and probably a few more common mods for the Fox bodies that just don't fit into ST.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts though! Maybe I'll be playing in STP till I can get stuff together for an MAF swap.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner