SOLO Nats AS/BS tire question
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cactus Bob

--
10 Dec 2015 06:56 PM
    First off; I'm a newbie on this forum so if I'm not following protocol, just let me know!
    Question: I'm trying to figure out why it appears most of the fast guys in AS at the SOLO nats ran BFG Rivals and the BS guys seemed to have used Bridgestones. Looking at the photos of the winning entries, the AS cars ran 18" front wheels but the winning BS cars ran stock 17" diameter wheels. Was the BFG better in AS with the wider Z06 wheels? Better size availability?
    We are a long-time SCCA solo family but these days my wife and I mostly race in Corvette Club (NCCC) events. The NCCC rules are similar and allow me to run C-5 Z-06 wheels on my (BS) 99 fixed roof coupe.
    I'm wondering if it would be an advantage to change to 18" front wheels and wear BFG's.
    Of course we don't know what tires and sizes 2016 will bring!

Cactus Bob
    Pueblo, Colorado
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Dec 2015 04:03 PM
    I believe tire availability was the big issue. The BFG is offered in wider sizes than the Bridgestone is and the AS cars that were able to run wider wheels (C6 GS/Z06) tried the BFG to take advantage of that. It worked as BFG drivers took home all 7 trophies in AS.

My friend who has an FRC has tried both tires on his BS-legal wheels (he's a good driver, but not a national trophy winning caliber driver) and vastly prefers the Bridgestone.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner