2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
petemon

--
28 Dec 2015 02:06 PM
    Hello.

My son and I just started solo competition last year and we love it. We had a fantastic season running our 88 MR2 SC in ES and took first and second novice spots at our local club.

I'd like to move up to Street Touring next year but I don't see how we can be competitive in STR against S2000's, 911's and 370z's. I'm sure people complain about classing all the time but I think there's a strong case to be made that our car should follow the other MR2's into STS.

Is there a formal class review process?

rodhx

--
    29 Dec 2015 07:11 AM
    Yes. You can submit a letter via scca.com to have your car's classification reconsidered.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Jan 2016 11:21 PM
    You are welcome to write the letter, however, I don't expect it to get anywhere.

The STAC (the people who will review your letter) are leery of adding more RWD cars to STS and especially RWD cars with as good of a power to weight ratio as yours. The advisories committees as a whole also aren't generally in favor of giving favorable classing to old, rare, unsupported cars, because classing them favorably won't grow the sport.

So realistically I would suggest:
    1. Stay in ES
    2. Go to STR and just have fun, take every time you beat someone as a little victory
    3. Get another car - your MR2 is nearly a collectors item these days, maybe it's time to retire it.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner