Subaru SVX classification
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
radarwhiz

--
12 Jan 2016 09:16 AM
    We have a Subaru SVX that has been a Solo FP car for that last several years. Recently I have started doing time trials and have run into issues with where to class it. Since the Solo Prepared classes are not recognized for time trials, I have been placed in Special 2 and have no possibility of being competitive there. I have sent requests to the CRB to review the car and suggest an appropriate GCR class for it.

The first request was for for ITS with an exception made for the manual transmission swap. It seemed to me that it was similar in performance to the cars listed in that class but the CRB response was that this exception can not be made and Super Touring was suggested. My next request was to the ST committee to consider the car for STU and make the exception for the 3.3 liter engine since there are exceptions made for other engines larger than 3.2 liters. The response I received to this request was that it had been forwarded to the Improved Touring committee for consideration in ITR. This seems to take me right back to where I started.

Is there one person I can discuss this with instead of this back-and-forth with the CRB?
    Are there any suggestions what would be the most appropriate class to pursue?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner