Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lethal_427
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
23 Jan 2016 06:59 PM
    Just wanted to get thoughts on what class the focus RS would end up in? Would it compete in BS against the STI and the Evo or do you think it will fall into another class?

If not familiar with the car specs, 3460 curb weight, 350 hp and 350 tq, all wheel drive, will have 4 different drive modes including normal/sport/track/drift, plus it can push up to 70% of the power to the rear wheels. It should be interesting to see where this car ends up.

Cheers,
    JJ
    Fastie

--
    24 Jan 2016 10:25 PM
    Whatever the solo class, I hope owners will try Rallycross with this car at some point. Should be a great car!
    Mark Hirt
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jan 2016 07:42 AM
    The cars to have in BS are not the STi or Evo
    Lethal_427
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Jan 2016 01:20 PM

Posted By Mark Hirt on 25 Jan 2016 07:42 AM
    The cars to have in BS are not the STi or Evo

Understand, I just wanted to know what class people think that this car will fall in. On paper the RS should outperform the STI and Evo, which should translate into a more competitive car in BS since STI's and Evo's have not placed well at least at the last national event.

Would this car be better suited to STU?

Cheers,
    JJ
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Jan 2016 07:33 PM
    I think it will be classed in BS.

I don't think it will be initially classed in STU. It's potentially too fast for STU if ST-legal "Piggyback" electronics put it in the 400+ hp range. If it's proven to have some sort of achilles heel or allowed tuning isn't able to get you much, then I can see it being an STU car.
    Lethal_427
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Jan 2016 04:26 PM

Posted By drdisque on 26 Jan 2016 07:33 PM
    I think it will be classed in BS.

I don't think it will be initially classed in STU. It's potentially too fast for STU if ST-legal "Piggyback" electronics put it in the 400+ hp range. If it's proven to have some sort of achilles heel or allowed tuning isn't able to get you much, then I can see it being an STU car.

Thanks for your input, does anyone know who or where I can get a definitive answer for my question?

Cheers,
    JJ
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Jan 2016 05:04 PM
    For a definitive answer we'll have to wait until it is officially released and then they will publish a bulletin in Fastrack.

Nobody from the SAC or STAC - the committees that would decide the classing, would be allowed to publicly comment on their ideas for classing it until such a fastrack bulletin is published.

I'm going on what I've observed the SAC and STAC do in the past.
    Grintch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Feb 2016 02:36 PM
    Yes, unless the AWD haters get involved.

The stock performance is effectively identical to the early (and lighter) STI & Evo.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner