Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
TD53
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
27 Feb 2016 02:49 PM

I have a set of chipped up Corvette magnesium wheels I'd like to get powdercoated. Is there anyone local who does this? Any idea what it costs?

java_osborn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Feb 2016 03:05 PM

Alex uses Gateway Powder Coating all the time at his work.   I am not sure a out price, but the quality is top notch.

http://gatewaypowdercoat.com/

Good Luck,

Jeff

96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Feb 2016 10:20 PM
    Does magnesium require any special care? I know don't put water an burning magnesium, if you do spectacular things happen and they are not good.
    Torino1985

--
    28 Feb 2016 09:39 PM
    Tom,

I use HP Powdercoatings He has a webpage and does it out of his house. He is a great guy. Has done a ton of work for me over the years and everything turns out perfect or he redoes it. He has even powder-coated some plastic valve covers. He is extremely cheap. At least I feel that way compared to others I have seen around. He shoots me straight every time. You may want to call him to find out about mag wheels.

Autolex

--
    29 Feb 2016 10:51 AM
    Posted By Andy Hohl on 27 Feb 2016 10:20 PM
    Does magnesium require any special care? I know don't put water an burning magnesium, if you do spectacular things happen and they are not good.

Powdercoating specifically: pre-bake (for quite a while) to prevent outgas, as it's a very porous/outgas prone metal.

Looks like gateway powdercoating linked above has/does magnesium often (based on their site), so sure they're aware.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner