G-LOC Brakes
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 14 Mar 2016 12:04 PM by  Matthewm3
If we could put one one, could you attend a Test & Tune on March 13th?
 48 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
mprewitt

--
03 Mar 2016 10:23 AM
How many have to sign up for this to happen? Ten days isn't a lot of notice, so hopefully word spreads quickly and we get this thing filled up!
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Mar 2016 11:19 AM
12 are currently signed up.

I'd be willing to pay for 2 entries if necessary to make this happen
flyguy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
03 Mar 2016 12:00 PM

I'll try to answer Mark's question/concerns and elaborate a little more on how this evolved. Historically,we have tried to do an early test and tune prior to the season start. A couple of the dates we looked at were unavailable and,coupled with the fact we lost money on our Aug test and tune,we decided not to schedule this when we were developing the schedule. We fully realize the challenges presented by doing a short notice event but we also know quite a few (most) of our regular competitors are anxious to get out as early as possible after a long off season. In addition,Chris Blair (Gateway GM who has been very supportive) and I have talked/speculated about what kind of mechanism we could find that would allow us to take advantage of those periods of nice weather we always seem to have over the winter that would work and be beneficial to both parties. You might say this is a first attempt at this. Maybe it will work and maybe not but it seemed like it was worth a try. Fingers crossed.

As to how many entrants we need,I can honestly say thirty-six is virtually the break even point as it stands now. That is not to say that it won't happen with fewer entrants. My meeting with Chris on Tuesday will address that if necessary and,if so,we'll try to find a mutually agreeable solution which I feel like we will unless we are far short of our desired/required entries. Our PR chief,Cortni Townsend,had an email out almost immediately when we decided to run with this yesterday evening and plans to follow up with another this weekend. I believe it will be on social media soon as well so we're trying to get the word out. We hope this works out because it also gives us a chance to test our equipment and set up as well as do annual techs,both of which help us prepare for our first event. At this point,we just ask that folks help spread the word to friends locally and even neighboring regions to help make this happen.

sgreer78
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
04 Mar 2016 07:40 PM
I cannot understand why this hasn't sold out yet? There aren't 36 people in STL that want a head start on the year to try out new parts or settings or technique, or just knock the rust off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matthewm3

--
05 Mar 2016 08:46 AM
I'm also willing to pay more if we are close to break even.
gilligan156
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Mar 2016 09:31 AM
I can't speak for anyone else but $55 is more than I can justify when my car isn't going to be "done" yet and the first GAx event is a week later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
drhodes
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Mar 2016 12:52 PM
If I were new to autocross or looking for some help, half of last years top twenty are going to this event. I am sure these drivers would have no problem helping with set up or willing to offer advice. Hell it's worth $55 just to stand in paddock and listen to what people are doing. Sign up, lets make this thing happen. Nothing beats seat time.
flyguy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
05 Mar 2016 02:32 PM

We're at nineteen now and I was told at the safety steward training this morning that at least two others plan to attend. I encouraged them to register soon because I meet with Gateway on Tuesday and need some firm numbers to make sure we can finalize this. We need to be at least somewhat close on the numbers to even make some creative negotiating a possibility. 

I'm with Sean,can't believe this isn't full or near full. I think another email will go out this weekend but we need people to get signed up. 

sgreer78
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
05 Mar 2016 11:40 PM
Posted By zetto156 on 05 Mar 2016 09:31 AM
I can't speak for anyone else but $55 is more than I can justify when my car isn't going to be "done" yet and the first GAx event is a week later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If it's not in the budget then that is totally acceptable. There are hundreds of things more important than this. Frankly I'm trying to pump myself up for this year because I'm not really excited to get going again...but that's a whole 'nother discussion. 

Bama2014

--
06 Mar 2016 10:26 AM
I know that Tyler plans to attend and will get registered as soon as his SCCA member number this week.

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Mar 2016 10:34 AM
Registration closes tomorrow, register now number later
Bama2014

--
06 Mar 2016 02:18 PM
He is in. He thought the number would change. It didn't.

TD53
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Mar 2016 01:45 PM
Numbers aren't required at Test n' Tunes. You can run one, but no one is logging your times.
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Mar 2016 04:42 PM
Come on folks! Get your friends to sign up for this so it can happen!!!
flyguy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Mar 2016 11:49 PM
I just extended registration until midnight Friday in hopes of getting a few more signed up. We currently have twenty-six and could use a few more. I meet with Gateway late tomorrow afternoon and will try to work something out to make this happen based on the numbers that exist at that time. Will update tomorrow with the event status.
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Mar 2016 11:50 PM
Heh, I was just about to email you and say "Did you realize you have registration open for a few more days?" :D
mprewitt

--
08 Mar 2016 12:45 AM
Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well.
BElmore

--
08 Mar 2016 08:21 AM
Thanks for extending the registration! New car, new tires, old dog with many years of cobwebs built up. Anyone planning a sunshine dance for Sunday?
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08 Mar 2016 08:44 AM
Posted By BElmore on 08 Mar 2016 08:21 AM
Thanks for extending the registration! New car, new tires, old dog with many years of cobwebs built up. Anyone planning a sunshine dance for Sunday?

Welcome back stranger!

BElmore

--
08 Mar 2016 10:03 AM
Thanks Chris. I'm looking forward to getting back out there! 
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner