Novice Class 2016?
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MichaelB333

--
12 Mar 2016 01:38 AM

Is there a novice class for 2016?  I ran my first  2 events last season and curious what I need to know to qualify for a novice run. I've been clicking around but havent found anything specific.  Excited for the new season! 

-- Michael 

sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    12 Mar 2016 02:23 AM
    There isn't a separate novice class, but they do lump you into a novice points series. With only 2 events last year, you still qualify as one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rkammerer

--
    14 Mar 2016 11:49 AM

Michael,

As Sean said, in STL Region we run a Novice Championship.  So, you'll run in your normal class (and be included in that Class Championship), but you'll also be included in the Novice Championship, which is index-based on the PAX index numbers for 2016.

For eligibility, you're considered a Novice if, prior to the start of the year, you've done 5 or less autocross events.  So, with 2 on your resume, you're fine there.

I believe on Motorsportreg when you sign up, there is a checkbox you can mark to alert us you're a Novice.  Also, at the event when you check-in, mention that you are a Novice and we'll add you to the Novice Championship list.

Any other questions, let us know or grab someone to chat with at the event.  We look forward to seeing you out there!

-Rob K.

T&S Chief

MichaelB333

--
    17 Mar 2016 01:05 AM

Excellent! Looking forward to the new season. 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner