What Class am I in
 8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
gwrx2014

--
29 Mar 2016 06:39 PM
    I have a 2014 WRX last year I was in DS. but since then I have modded the car. I now have
    Downpipe
    New exhaust
    Coldair Kit
    Accessport tuner
    a rear swaybar (going to buy a front bar soon)
    and a strut tower bar front. So not sure what class I am in hope you guys can help.
    ka-t_240

--
    29 Mar 2016 11:24 PM
    We will need more info to properly give you a class. More than likely those mods will bring you to SM.

Cobb maps will often increase boost over stock, which is not legal in STU. The downpipe may also be not legal pending if it is catted and the cat location.
    Grintch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30 Mar 2016 10:36 AM
    But there used to be a ST legal map (at least there was for my '04 STI).

In my region we used to have a gentleman's agreement in STU that we could used the standard stage 2 map with normal street gas after a guy dynoed his car with it verses the STU map with 100 octane fuel and found they produced very similar numbers.

But always check the rules BEFORE you mod.
    twistedwankel

--
    30 Mar 2016 11:53 AM
    A local group runs SMST. Street Mod Street Tire for people who dabble with various aftermarket mods. Mostly there are only Sti's and Evo's in that class here. Which means you have to buy twice as many 4" letters as in normal classes. If it weren't for SM classing all the boosted cars to excess would probably have to run EM. Your rule of thumb is to put your car in the fastest class for the mods you've chosen and there will be no issues. Competitors are all friendly so ask local racers what they will allow - as was mentioned.
    gwrx2014

--
    30 Mar 2016 05:05 PM
    FIRST thanks guys i am using cobb stage 2. I am on street tires regular gas. Also my downpipe is catted. Guess I will ask the guys here but are we saying I may be in STU?
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30 Mar 2016 05:36 PM
    Also, note that raising the boost doesn't throw you straight into SM.

You can also run ASP.
    ktronic

--
    31 Mar 2016 10:21 AM

Posted By Gsubie14 on 30 Mar 2016 05:05 PM
    FIRST thanks guys i am using cobb stage 2. I am on street tires regular gas. Also my downpipe is catted. Guess I will ask the guys here but are we saying I may be in STU?

Cobb used to offer STX/STU legal OTS (off the shelf) maps for 02-07? WRX/STI, but doesn't anymore for the newer models as far as I know.

A Cobb Stage 2 map directly modifies boost parameters and is not legal for STU. Maybe your local region has other classes, or maybe your local competitors would not mind if you ran STU as someone said. But as-is, according to the rules, that puts you in ASP or SM.
    You can do a catted downpipe in STU, but there are some requirements. See below for some relevant rules.

Besides a custom dyno tune, there are e-tuning services out there that could do an STU-legal map for you.

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/013/602/2016-3-24_section_14_street_touring_category.pdf?1458856541

"..no changes to standard boost levels, intercoolers, or boost controls are
    permitted. Boost changes indirectly resulting from allowed modifications
    are permissible but directly altering or modifying the boost or turbo controls,
    either mechanically or electronically, is strictly prohibited"

"Any catalytic converters are allowed, but must attach
    within 6” (152.4 mm) of the original unit" ..." Replacement converters must have a minimum catalyst density
    of 100 cells per inch and minimum substrate length of 3” (76.2 mm)"
    gwrx2014

--
    31 Mar 2016 10:32 AM
    Thanks all I check here it puts me in DSP class. So hopefully I am not breaking any rules
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Apr 2016 10:24 PM
    Turbo Subarus don't class into DSP - they class into ASP.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner