You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
pfrichardson

--
09 Apr 2016 02:59 PM
    MMS625

--
    25 Apr 2016 08:27 PM
    As promised the CRB has made changes to T-3 that effect many, if not most, currently classified cars. I think this decision is most unfortunate at best. Since the Laguna Runoffs, T3 car counts have declined. Clearly this is a problem. However, the main justification for these changes, according to a Sportscar article is to accommodate the new MX5 Cup car. That and the fact that the CRB feels the current T3 cars are too fast.

Neither of these two justifications deals with the declining entries in T-3. As a T-3 car owner since 2009, I have seen constant rule changes, and many are mid season like this current change. It is my belief that these rule changes are one of the main reasons T-3 fields have gotten smaller. It's no fun to have your car made uncompetitive mid season, or have certain equipment and/or tires made illegal. Why buy/build a car when you have no reason to be confident that significant changes will NOT be made to the rules, almost in any given month? My current T-3 car will have to discard and replace my three sets of BBS wheels...a cost of thousands of dollars (unless I am willing to add 100 lbs). In addition, I need to discard my cold air induction kit.

I believe the CRB is failing to consider two important considerations. First, they are showing little or no respect for the investment racers make in their cars. This is a critical issue, if we are trying to attract and retain competitors. Second, if you take a car and do well with it, you are penalized. My driver is a former National Champion and is simply first rate. We have a race shop that is fully equipped, including a dyno. We test on a regular basis. Race weekends, we run fresh tires. So what is the CRB's message...if your car is well prepared and well driven...expect to be penalized? This is supposed to be a competitive sport. Talent and hard work is should be rewarded. That, apparently, is not how the CRB views SCCA racing.

Both these CRB shortcomings are very unfortunate indeed. What to do? At the very least we need to respect racers investments and their skill and preparation. Therefore, I suggest very limited in-season changes, more involvement with the competitors, and accept the fact that in a competitive sport, some people get better results on a regular basis. Mike Sullivan, owner of Maine Straight Racing
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 May 2016 08:55 PM
    Hey Mike. I too am sorry to see this crap pulled just when I had several people interested in the class.
    This forum is pretty much dead, unless you SOLO or use the want ads. Make sure to write to the CRB and BOD.
    Dave Mead
    MMS625

--
    02 May 2016 02:46 PM
    Hi Dave,

I can see that you are correct. I will be sending my letters and can't wait to get my "thank you for your input responses". Oh well.....Mike
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner