You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
15 Aug 2017 04:34 PM
So it seems Peter Raymond will be piloting the YC-3 for me at Nationals. I am having it prepped now. All the routine stuff plus making my temporary styrofoam rear spoiler made permanent in aluminum by Michael at LeVaire engineering.

Hopefully we can honor Del Long by winning another championship in one of his best cars ever!

We'll also be running at Grissom Friday and Saturday Nationals test and tune.

t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
16 Aug 2017 11:04 PM
It looks like I'll be there with the yc-3 and Peter Raymond owner of the yc-2, which is down at the moment, will be driving her at Nationals.

I'm getting her ready now.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
27 Aug 2017 05:44 PM

So yesterday and Friday we practiced at Grissom for the Nationals. The car ran perfectly and Peter looks very fast! We had a couple of false scares when the engine quit but it ran fine when we filled it with E85. We got in around 40 runs and no problems with the car. Routine maintenance will be performed this week.

t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
27 Aug 2017 06:09 PM
Here are some pics of the new nose and the wider rear spoiler.
Attachments
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
28 Aug 2017 08:19 AM
Hmmm, pics aren't coming up....?
Attachments
peterraymond

--
28 Aug 2017 06:54 PM
Well having driven a million laps in this car this Friday and Saturday I can say it's pretty amazing. I suspect that you could build a car for a similar price, but I doubt it would be as fast. I've been leaning towards a turbo, but this engine pulled so hard I'm wondering why you would want an engine with maybe a little more power, a similar power band, but with lag. I've seen the dyno sheet showing flat torque from 2000 to 8000. In the low mid-range the turbo has to have significantly more torque, but I don't know if you could get that to the ground.

I'm really looking forward to Nationals. We'll have to run taller gears, so it will be interesting to see what I think of the acceleration then.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
09 Sep 2017 11:51 PM
Peter did an amazing job at Nationals.

When I was contacted by him to run the YC-3 all I knew about him was that in 015 his last run second day was fast D mod of the day, so I knew he was fast. Turns out he also has 6 championships and 7 pro solo victories. At the award ceremony last night they noted that in this his 35th year at nationals he won his 29th trophy....so far.;)

We got help from Darin Long who ran also and got the tires good and warm for Peter even though the steering wheel position was all wrong for him.

After the first Day Peter was in fourth behind Huffman and the two Ellerbys. Second day he managed to improve enough to split the Ellerbys and take third....not bad for a man who did not turn a wheel in a race car this year until our test and tune at Grissom since his car is in the shop.

In going to Nationals my own ulterior motive was to demonstrate that the YC-3 is sound and still fast. I believe we did that.

Now I think I'll keep it for a while longer as I want to develop the front Aero before next year. I'll also be running it when I can.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner