Miata fuel problem?
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Miatacrosser

--
17 Apr 2016 11:43 PM
    I recently ran out of fuel while traveling to an event in my 1991 STS Miata. When I refueled the car wouldn't fire on all cylinders. After letting it sit overnight. It seemed to run fine and I competed in the event. The problem however kept coming and going during the event and a couple of times on the way home. I changed plugs and took it for a very hard drive today and it ran great. That is until I got back into town and started cruising at the speed limit. It dropped the cylinder again and again would only seem to clear up in the upper rpm range. Actually felt like it was on two cylinders when I got it home. Has anyone had this problem when running out of fuel and if so what could be causing this. This car has run like a clock for the 9 years I've owned it and it was running perfect before I ran out of gas. I've ordered both fuel filters but the thing is literally dumping raw gas out the tailpipe so I don't think it is a clogged fuel filter or line or injector. I'm entered this weekend Crows Landing and would hate to have to miss my only chance to enter a major competition this year.

Please, I'm at my wits end with this. There are so many things involved with the fuel delivery system I don't know where to begin.

Any and all help would be so appreciated. I only have 5 days to figure this out.
    racingfool
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Apr 2016 11:20 AM
    Maybe crap from the bottom of the tank fouling up the injectors?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner