2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
roninsoldier83

--
12 May 2016 12:52 AM
    Hello!

So, I own a base 2016 VW Golf R and would like to run the car in B-Street. The base model comes with 18x7.5" wheels, but there's an option package that includes 19x8" wheels. The caveat is that in order to get the 19x8" wheels from the factory, you have to order the Nav/DCC package.

I know about he +/- 1" rule and it mentions standard wheels. With the rule, a Golf R that came with 19x8" wheels could run 18x8" wheels. Since the 19x8" wheels are optional on the car, can I run 18x8" wheels? Or would I also have to add Navigation and DCC?

sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    12 May 2016 05:43 PM
    In order to legally use the bigger wheels, you need to retrofit that entire option package. You do have some recourse with respect to comfort & convenience options for things like the radio and trim badge on the trunk, but you otherwise need to retrofit everything in the Nav/DCC package to use anything in the Nav/DCC package. Is it something you can retrofit?

Incidentally, I ran into similar issues looking to retrofit PASM (similar to DCC) on my car and recieved clarification via fastrack that the electronic components that drive the active shocks are NOT considered part of the shocks and need to remain on the car even if you rip out the active dampers and put in MCS or something.
    OZMDD
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Sep 2016 03:51 PM
    You will not be able to run the extra width of an 8" wheel legally. You can go up or down 1" on diameter, but width cannot change, and offset can only change by a small margin. If it makes you feel better, the 0.5" of extra wheel won't make you significantly faster until you get to the pointy end of the class.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner