Author Messages
gilligan156
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 May 2016 01:34 PM
Posted By sgreer78 on 25 May 2016 11:45 AM
distance distance distance...

You think that's the main thing? I can see some places where I could have cut distance. I also think I was too cautious through some spots, like right off the line turning left, through the carousel, through the chicane. I never did get the second chicago box right and I think I could have carried more speed through the first one. The gas pumps left turn was also tricky and every single time i was so focused on getting it right that I stopped thinking about the upcoming corners, and you can see that on each of my videos, it's like the left turn segment ends and then you can almost see me say "Oh shit" going into the next section because I'm not set up correctly. That messed me up and I don't know what my problem was.

Posted By Andrew Chow on 25 May 2016 01:13 PM
I liked the course, and the circle wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Like what others have said, I struggled with the far left hander going towards the gas pumps; it was so bumpy that I never felt comfortable going through that turn. I only have 1 run on video as my camera kept overheating and shutting off.

Does anybody have any pictures from the event? I've been seeing a lot of photographers snapping away, but don't know where they're posting them.
Are you using a gopro? We have a Hero 3+ and this happens to us too. It'll seem a bit unresponsive, record a few seconds, and then just stop recording. Eric's 4th run didn't get recorded because it turned itself off. It turned itself off a couple times for me but luckily I caught it before I started each time and got all my runs.

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 May 2016 01:59 PM
My Hero4Black overheated this Sunday too. I'm going to try the frame on it in Lincoln to see if that cuts down on the heat. The next step will be to turn off wifi and go back to manual starting which seems to help keep the heat down.
sgreer78
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
25 May 2016 02:18 PM
Posted By zetto156 on 25 May 2016 01:34 PM
Posted By sgreer78 on 25 May 2016 11:45 AM
distance distance distance...

You think that's the main thing? I can see some places where I could have cut distance. I also think I was too cautious through some spots, like right off the line turning left, through the carousel, through the chicane. I never did get the second chicago box right and I think I could have carried more speed through the first one. The gas pumps left turn was also tricky and every single time i was so focused on getting it right that I stopped thinking about the upcoming corners, and you can see that on each of my videos, it's like the left turn segment ends and then you can almost see me say "Oh shit" going into the next section because I'm not set up correctly. That messed me up and I don't know what my problem was.

It was the most obvious from the get go, and it carried on through the entire run and affects car placement. With so little to do on this course, placement was everything IMO.

MINIz guy

--
25 May 2016 02:28 PM
Posted By zetto156 on 25 May 2016 01:34 PM 

Are you using a gopro? We have a Hero 3+ and this happens to us too. It'll seem a bit unresponsive, record a few seconds, and then just stop recording. Eric's 4th run didn't get recorded because it turned itself off. It turned itself off a couple times for me but luckily I caught it before I started each time and got all my runs.

Using a Sony Actioncam AS15. Might try and turn off WiFi on mine too to see if that stops the overheating.

Shalafish

--
25 May 2016 07:37 PM
Here is my fastest run from Sunday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdSSFSSEOJ4

I have to say that I really enjoyed the course. The big loop was a lot of fun.

Can't wait for the next event.
Nybbler

--
26 May 2016 04:03 PM
Posted By Tom on 25 May 2016 01:08 PM 
Sorry you missed the Evo school. Hopefully we'll be back next year again. Sorry, I'm not sure who you are based on your screen name, but if you let me know, I'd be happy to jump in the car with you at our events and help find some things to make you faster.

I'm Brian Schuetz in the black 2007 Corvette (77 AS).  I may take you up on that offer.  I plan to be at event 5, so I may try to grab you for my runs then.  I have taken Evo School in the past, but I've been out of autocrossing for a few years, so I've likely forgotten a few things.

Thomas
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
27 May 2016 11:55 AM

Posted By Nybbler on 26 May 2016 04:03 PM

Posted By Tom on 25 May 2016 01:08 PM 

Sorry you missed the Evo school. Hopefully we'll be back next year again. Sorry, I'm not sure who you are based on your screen name, but if you let me know, I'd be happy to jump in the car with you at our events and help find some things to make you faster.

I'm Brian Schuetz in the black 2007 Corvette (77 AS).  I may take you up on that offer.  I plan to be at event 5, so I may try to grab you for my runs then.  I have taken Evo School in the past, but I've been out of autocrossing for a few years, so I've likely forgotten a few things.

No problem Brian, I'd be happy to hop in with you. I'll be at event 5. See you then. Maybe you could remind me at the Novice course walk (at the starting line at 9:00), if not, find me during your heat.
rkammerer

--
27 May 2016 07:28 PM

Audit is done, points have been tabulated, results are posted.  Enjoy!

Event 4 Results

I figured out why the Miata was the tail-happy spin cycle ride.  I lost an end link bolt for the front swaybar, so was effectively running zero front bar.  Fun times.  Nice driving Chad, he dealt with the car better than I did by a second.

Big thanks to Cortni and Alex, the two of them ran Timing & Scoring and did Course Control, Master Log, and Computer Log - 3 roles 2 people.  Thanks!

Another thanks to Jim Lynch, our very own Grid Chief.  There was some confusion on who was working when, so he jumped in and ran grid himself first and second heat, pulling a double shift.  I know at least 1st heat was with no assistance.  Thanks, Jim!  We wouldn't have had an event without you in Grid.

And along the "some events we get a little short-handed" line, if any of you would be willing to help out in other roles than chasing cones, talk to one of the Chiefs at the next event!

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
28 May 2016 10:57 PM
Looks like YTD index results didn't get updated online Rob
TD53
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
06 Jun 2016 10:27 AM
Yeah the index points still show for three events.
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Jun 2016 10:31 AM
Looks like it is updated through event #4 now
rkammerer

--
06 Jun 2016 10:36 AM

I updated the YTD results June 1st, thanks for letting me know!

If you are still seeing the "only through Event #3" version, your browser may be caching the older PDF.  On most browsers, press F5 to refresh and you should pull the newest results.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner