Stock Class steering wheel rules
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MrMx5

--
06 Jun 2016 10:48 PM
    I know that this topic has been talked to death but I am still curious about something and haven't been able to find a direct answer. I have a 97 miata r package (conversion) and I know that if a car came with a airbag you are not permitted to change the wheel, the answer is probably no but why couldn't I find a OEM airbag wheel from another car that is the same Diameter and weight and use that to replace my raggedy beat up 4 spoke NA steering wheel. I know of multiple people who run at nationals that drive NB miatas that have done the Protege wheel swap (because its pretty much the same wheel with a different material) and no one ever contests them. also slightly different question why couldn't I put a Eunos roadster wheel in my car from the same year.
    MrMx5

--
    07 Jun 2016 08:18 AM
    bump
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Jun 2016 02:21 PM
    The answer is no regardless of an airbag in "street". ST* just started allowing alternate wheels for airbag cars providing there is no weight savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tim Irwin
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 Jun 2016 07:35 PM
    Short of a package conversion, you cannot change the steering wheel in "street". That also means that for an R package, you need to be running the vinyl wheel, not the leather wheel.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner