Classification help
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cuatrokoop32v

--
30 Sep 2016 10:28 PM
    I'm getting back into the swing of Solo2, and finally got a car that I will have some fun in.  I was working very slowly on an engine swap on a car I've owned for almost 20 years, however since it has sat in storage for so long, it needed a lot of work despite looking fantastic (beauty is only skin deep).  I ended up finding a near twin of what I was going to build fairly local, and for a decent price, so I jumped on it.  The car is a 1990 Audi Coupe quattro with an ABH code 4.2L 32v V8 stuffed in it.  Engine has a few A8 parts on it from an ABZ code 4.2L, namely the two-stage intake manifold and exhaust manifolds.  Engine is controlled by a VEMS stand-alone system.  My old car is donating its suspension (2.5" springs, adjustable lower seats, Koni adjustables).  Unfortunately the brakes were stolen from my old car when it was in storage (rather long story there), so I am currently in the process of fitting a new setup (Brembo 4-piston calipers over Wilwood rotors).  Car is fully road legal and has a full interior, no cage or harness bar.  Curb weight is around 3100lbs.  I believe the engine swap puts me into either SM or FP.  Do either of those sound correct?  It's been quite a few years since I've gone through the rule book...Fortunately, I enjoy auto-crossing more than I do winning, so having what will likely be the heaviest car in the class, I won't care who's in my class.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Oct 2016 12:36 PM
    Yes, it should be eligible for SM.
    cuatrokoop32v

--
    04 Oct 2016 10:26 PM
    Thank you!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner