Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
flyguy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Dec 2016 10:50 AM

The 2017 Solo schedule is tentatively completed with the possibility of adding another date to potentially accommodate an EVO school in St Louis. We've had the dates for awhile but withheld posting them pending last night's December SAC meeting. The schedule currently includes ten points events,the novice school and a test and tune at the start of the season to allow us to ops check a new timing and scoring system we are in the process of purchasing. It becomes more difficult every year to get the exact dates we would like as competition for them continues to increase at both venues despite securing these dates almost three months earlier than we have in the past. It also makes it nearly impossible to deconflict with other STL region events,nearby region events and national events. We did deconflict with national solo events in Lincoln in May and SEP. The schedule is as follows:

Mar 26      GMP      TnT

Apr 30      FA           Event #1

May 21     GMP      Event #2

Jun 18      GMP      Event #3

Jul 9          GMP      Event #4

Jul 16       GMP      Novice School

Jul 30       GMP      Event #5

Aug 27      FA          Event #6

Sep 24      FA          Event #7

Oct 1         FA          Event #8

Oct 22      GMP      Event #9

Oct 29      GMP      Event #10

As you can see,it is skewed to the latter part of the season as far as points events but reflects what dates were available. Any changes will be reflected on stlsolo.org when it is updated and will be included in an email in the next few weeks. We have not ruled out an EVO school and will update as necessary. Hope this posting helps you plan for the upcoming season as we try to build on a very successful 2016.      

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Dec 2016 01:08 PM

For those of you planning, GAX dates are as follows: (Yay! No conflict with STLSCCA)

March 19

Aug 20

November 19

All at Gateway.

We are going to be doing 2 day events in both Peru and Blytheville, likely in May and August as well.

DaveW

TD53
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Dec 2016 06:31 AM

Here's the latest 2017 master schedule to help everyone keep track of what events are happening where. I'll be updating this continuously for my own use, but feel free to save it  to your local hard drive and modify to add other regions or anything else.

If you want to scare yourself you can fill out the budgeting section to the right!

Attachments
    gilligan156
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Dec 2016 02:05 PM
    Thanks for posting.

Only 4 at Family Arena again? :(

Posted By 

47CP

on 07 Dec 2016 01:08 PM 

For those of you planning, GAX dates are as follows: (Yay! No conflict with STLSCCA)

March 19

Aug 20

November 19

All at Gateway.

We are going to be doing 2 day events in both Peru and Blytheville, likely in May and August as well.

DaveW

Hey, the last event is on my birthday! Thanks for the present guys, you shouldn't have. :)

gilligan156
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Dec 2016 02:30 PM
    Also, as I did last year, I have created a Google Calendar anyone can add with the events on it:

https://calendar.google.com/calenda...ca/Chicago

I put SCCA and GAxA events on it and I will also put the Boeing events on there once that's available.

edit: Boeing events are now on the calendar.

flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Dec 2016 10:55 AM
    Posted By zetto156 on 09 Dec 2016 02:05 PM
    Thanks for posting.

Only 4 at Family Arena again? :(

Posted By 

47CP

on 07 Dec 2016 01:08 PM 

The number of events at the respective venues is primarily a function of  availability which was more limited than usual  at both places. And I think availability will always be better at Gateway. Other factors which favor Gateway are cost and logistics,i.e. we don't have to rent portable toilets at over $200 per event,lot rental fees are lower and we don't  have to get the trailer to Family Arena. But,in the end,availability becomes the determining factor.

March 19

Aug 20

November 19

All at Gateway.

DaveW

Hey, the last event is on my birthday! Thanks for the present guys, you shouldn't have. :)

flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Dec 2016 11:03 AM
    Not sure how my comments on the reason for the number of events at each venue got inserted in Dave's response above but the paragraph about availability and considerations for each location was my response to Chris. Still working on the possibility of doing an EVO school in St Louis again this year. Stay tuned.
    user440

--
    08 Jan 2017 10:39 PM
    Noting the first post, what is the probability of a Teen Evolution scoop or Street Survival School being scheduled for 2017? Will the organizers need to survey to gauge interest?
    flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 Jan 2017 10:06 AM
    Posted By user440 on 08 Jan 2017 10:39 PM
    Noting the first post, what is the probability of a Teen Evolution scoop or Street Survival School being scheduled for 2017? Will the organizers need to survey to gauge interest?
    I believe the Street Survival School schedule is almost finalized with four and possibly five schools planned. Their website will have the dates posted once the schedule is set. We are attempting to get a date for an EVO school in St Louis but as of today do not have one. There will not be a "teen"  EVO school but teenagers are welcome to register for any EVO school. Our annual Novice school will be held July 16 at Gateway with registration available on motorsportreg later this spring.

user440

--
    30 Apr 2017 05:38 PM
    Has anyone heard of any new news on the possibility of a Street Survival School in 2017?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    Race-Technology Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner