1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
nate_s89

--
18 Dec 2016 11:00 AM
    Hey everybody,

Unfortunately my introduction post is also a for sale post, as I am selling my 1975 BMW 2002 Race Car. My current situation no longer allows me to keep it so sadly it must go.
    Please note the car has no title and is a track car only. Car is located in Windsor, Ontario, and I can deliver for the right price. It was imported to Canada from the US, so it could easily be taken back.

History
    I bought this car over a year and a half ago from the US with the full intention of racing it. Since the purchase, it hasn't moved from its spot in the garage. My job is becoming more demanding and time consuming as life goes on, and there is a very strong possibility I will be relocating in the near future.

I purchased the car from the friend of the guy that had it built it. He bought it for his daughter to get into racing, but she never gained interest. So it sat in his garage for two years until he sold it to me. 

The car was built to compete in F Production and ITB. So the engine was built to factory blueprint specs to comply. The majority of the car was built by Jim Morris at Passport Auto in Toledo.

The car hasn't been raced since roughly 2007. I think it was in two races that year. Prior to that it wasn't raced since 2003. I have the SCCA log books to go along with it. It has spent much of the last 12 years in a garage.

Specs/Info
    1975 BMW 2002
    Rust free body
    Runs great
    Full cage
    Kirkley racing Seat
    Fire Suppressant System
    Car built by Passport Auto - Jim Morris
    Double Barrel Webber
    Accusump oil system
    Oil cooler
    Couple sets of steelies - currently sitting on Miata wheels
    Fuel Cell

What It Needs
    Brake master cylinder
    Go through brakes and refresh
    Fluids/Filters
    Harness
    Exhaust
    Tires

I would be willing to bring the car up to snuff for the right person/price. In its current state I am asking $6,000 US. If you have any questions please let me know, and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks for looking.
    Attachments
    ChuckGS

--
    28 Mar 2017 09:19 AM

Interested in the BMW if still available.  Can you provide more pictures, incl interior and engine compartment? Thanks, Chuck

cgscgs@frontier.com

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner